Dietitian - Mount Isa
- : HealthcareLink Support
- : 10-Jul-2019
- : Mount Isa QLD 4825
An Allied Health team is currently seeking a Dietitian who is passionate and committed to working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island people in North West Queensland and making a positive and long-term impact in their lives.
This provides a comprehensive and growing range of services to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people across the areas of Mount Isa, North West and Lower Gulf of Carpentaria regions. Our core objective is to support Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to improve their health and wellbeing, whilst continually enhancing the quality and scope of care provided.
The position is responsible for working in conjunction with a small team in the delivery of culturally appropriate Nutrition and Dietetic services to the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community. This position would provide Dietetic and Nutrition services across a range of clinics, including individual and group sessions as part of chronic disease self-management programs, and supporting or facilitating health education and promotion programs and events.
The role will entail service delivery from clinic-based and community-based settings, both in Mount Isa and outreach to the communities of Mornington Island, Doomadgee, Burketown, Gregory, Normanton and Karumba.
- Competitive salary (dependent upon years of experience/quals)
- 5 weeks annual leave
- 2 x return flights per annum (up to $900 per flight)
- Professional development incl flights of $5200 p/year
- Yearly retention bonus
- Salary sacrifice up to $15,600 p/year
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- The successful applicant must hold at least a tertiary degree (or equivalent qualification) in Nutrition and Dietetics and accreditation as an Accredited Practicing Dietitian (APD) with the Dietitians Association of Australia (DAA) with currency of practice
- Demonstrated ability to comply with the profession's code of ethics and function in accordance with legislation affecting Dietetic practice for maintenance of accreditation with the DAA
- Experience in providing assessment, case management and dietitian services to Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people is highly desirable
The Mount Isa region is the gateway to the Outback of Queensland, offers a relaxed and casual lifestyle, with a wealth of camping and exploring, scenic national parks, gorges, as well as excellent river, lake and open water fishing and recreational options.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply
Following successful placement eligible candidates may be entitled to receive support and financial assistance through Health Workforce Queensland's comprehensive workforce attraction and retention incentives
No Similar Jobs Found.