Dietitian - Mount Isa
- Are you a passionate Dietitian looking to make a difference in remote communities in Australia?
- Come for the life experience, stay for the lifestyle!
- Join a leading community, non-profit, primary health care services provider
Job Type: Permanent - Full Time
After Hours Requirements: No
Proposed Commencement Date: As soon as possible
A fantastic opportunity now exists for a Dietitian to join this primary health care service provider in Mount Isa. Take this opportunity to see the real difference your work and dedication to nutrition and dietetics can make in remote North West Queensland. As part of a supportive, diverse, and multi-disciplinary team, promote optimal health outcomes for individuals and communities at risk of, or affected by a range of lifestyle diseases and other diet-related conditions. Working with non-acute clients across the life span in a community setting, you will liaise with a range of stakeholders to optimise individual case management and outcomes, in addition to facilitating health promotion and health literacy/education. You will have the opportunity to work in both a flexible and well-structured environment, setting your caseload and schedule to suit the demands of the communities you serve.
Core duties include:
- Utilising a high level of knowledge and clinical skills in exercising the management of a diverse, rural generalist caseload
- Providing a consistent dietetic service to communities in accordance with evidence-based guidelines and standards
- Providing nutrition education and health promotion across the lifespan, including to individuals, groups and communities
- Liaising with community groups and key stakeholders to improve health outcomes and raise awareness of health, disease and disability issues.
- Contributing to the collection and collation of data relating to the health and nutrition of clients
Why join our team?
- Experience a varied clinical caseload with outreach travel, allowing you to explore all areas of your discipline
- Be part of a genuine community providing not-for-profit primary health care services where there is no cost to the client
- Enjoy a great team culture with many early career professionals across the business; allowing for strong friendships to be formed and a wealth of peer support to be provided
- Work with a large multi-disciplinary team, with the opportunity to skill share and learn about other health disciplines
- Be provided with the opportunity to progress your careers and grow your clinical skill rapidly, while receiving ongoing mentorship and support internally and externally
- Have a fantastic lifestyle and work-life balance whilst making a real difference to those living in the community - Apply Now!
Qualifications & Experience:
The right candidate will possess a tertiary qualification in Nutrition and Dietetics, with eligibility to be an Accredited Practicing Dietitian through Dietitians Australia.
You will also possess:
- Evidence of strong interpersonal communication skills, including the facilitation of key stakeholder relationships
- Ability to thoroughly undertake dietary assessments to a high level, providing clear information gathering, intervention and evaluation
- Demonstrated skills in clinical documentation and client follow-up for all service provision in a timely manner
$73,976 - $90,668 per annum. Negotiable, based on experience and qualifications).
- Enjoy an attractive starting salary package from $86,425 and up to $15,900 salary sacrificing!
- Flexible working environment
- 17.5% leave loading
- 5 weeks annual leave
- Up to 10 days paid professional development leave and up to $10,000 towards this (if eligible)
- Relocation and rental assistance!
About Mount Isa:
Mount Isa, also known as the 'Oasis of the Outback', Mount Isa offers the relaxed lifestyle and close-knit, supportive community of a small town, without sacrificing the amenities of city living. With a variety of shops, restaurants, and entertainment options, but none of the traffic or noise, it is a fantastic place for a "tree change", offering something for everyone, regardless of their interests. Home to the biggest rodeo in the southern hemisphere, which draws visitors from around the world, Mount Isa also offers the perfect jumping off point to explore the nearby national parks, and Lake Moondarra reservoir.
For more information on this position, please contact our team!
Please apply via the 'Apply Now' button on this page.
Following successful placement, eligible candidates may be entitled to receive support and financial assistance through Health Workforce Queensland's comprehensive workforce attraction and retention incentives. This position may be eligible for a scholarship or bursary for ongoing professional development.
#JOB – 10003144
No Similar Jobs Found.