Drug and Alcohol Worker (Casual & Part time)
- : Lives Lived Well
- : 13-Oct-2020
- : Orange NSW 2800
- Opportunity to join an innovative non-for-profit organisation
- Supported opportunities to diversify your skills
- Casual roster, including weekday, evening and weekend shifts
At Lives Lived Well, we help people impacted by drugs or alcohol, mental health and gambling. We get lives back on track by delivering a wide range of programs and services (including residential rehab across 45 locations in Queensland and New South Wales.
We are looking for passionate, committed and energetic Drug and Alcohol Workers who will support clients within an evidence-based framework, in addition to completing the admission process including liaising with Centrelink and other administrative duties, daily tasks in the service and facilitating group work and client activities.
This is a causal position based within our Wyla Residential Services, in Orange, and will be provided with great support from a passionate and collaborative team.
The casual hourly rate between $31.31 - $33.80 plus applicable shift loadings + super (9.5%).
The successful candidate will require:
- Certificate IV in Community Services, Drug and Alcohol or similar field (essential).
- Demonstrated knowledge and/or interest in understanding the current approaches in drug and alcohol treatment.
- A demonstrated ability to motivate and encourage clients in rehabilitation in a positive manner.
- Capacity for flexibility and self-direction in organising and managing workload in addition to the ability to prioritise tasks effectively to manage client service delivery within a rapidly changing environment.
- Demonstrated understanding of and empathy for the issues confronting people with substance abuse issues.
- Proven high level interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in drug and alcohol residential and/or non-residential services and understanding of the non-government, not for profit sector will be highly regarded.
No Similar Jobs Found.