- : Catholic Care
- : 22-Nov-2020
- : All Sydney NSW
Fulfilling counselling role with competitive salary and benefits
Full Time/Part Time position available
Based in Canberra and part of the broader counselling team
Exciting opportunity to work for one of Canberra’s largest community sector organisations to provide therapeutic counselling to adults and families around personal and work issues.
We are currently seeking an experienced Counsellor to provide therapeutic counselling to individuals and families around personal and/or work issues.
This role sits within the broader counselling team. Support is provided through regular clinical supervision, team meetings and access to professional development.
The role involves providing short term, high quality therapeutic counselling services to individuals and families. Duties include providing assessment, treatment and evidence-based, counselling services (telehealth and/or face to face) on a range of issues including:
- Workplace matters
- Relationship issues
- Managing Conflict
- Parenting matters including pre & post separation
- Grief & loss
Attendance at onsite critical incidents may be required at times. This may involve individual counselling sessions or psycho-education presentations.
The role also includes some administrative tasks such as maintaining counselling records and data entry.
If you would like to work with us to make a positive difference in people’s lives - we want to hear from you!!!
What we offer
Rewarding opportunities exist for enthusiastic people seeking meaningful careers; helping people in the wider community in a diverse range of program areas.
CatholicCare's employment benefits include a generous salary packaging option, free parking, and professional development in a family friendly environment.
CatholicCare is the social services arm of the Catholic Archdiocese of Canberra and Goulburn. Our mission is to provide quality services to people by promoting healthy, inclusive communities through relationships, partnerships and collaboration while adhering to our values of Solidarity, Stewardship, Respect and Excellence.
The ideal person we are looking for has:
- Tertiary Qualifications as fully registered Psychologist with AHPRA, Social Worker (AASW member) or Counsellor (PACFA or ACA member – Level 3 or 4).
- Demonstrated understanding of and experience in working in EAP or with adults, children & families with complex needs and capacity to relate to vulnerable clients in a sensitive manner.
- Ability to work independently, manage time effectively and have proven organisational skills
- Ability to liaise and advocate with external agencies as appropriate
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal & written communication skills
You will also be required to undergo a National Police Check.
To be considered for this role you will be also required to hold:
- a current drivers licence, and
- a Working with Vulnerable People Card [Only needed for ACT Staff]
- Posted By: Our Lady of Mercy College Parramatta
- Posted Date: 2020-11-25
- Location:Parramatta NSW 2150
- Counsellor Our Lady of Mercy College Parramatta is a leading Catholic independent school for g...
- Bushfire Support Counsellor
- Posted By: Catholic Care
- Posted Date: 2020-11-22
- Location:All Sydney NSW
- ushfire Support Counsellor Accommodation allowance for 12 months Therapeutic Counselling rol...