Educational and Developmental Psychologist/Child Family Psychologist
- : 4thought Psychology
- : 27-Jul-2020
- : Brighton East VIC 3187
Position Opened For:
Educational and Developmental Psychologist / Child and Family Psychologist / Optional Business Opportunities
An exciting opportunity has become available to join a well-established and vibrant family, child, adolescent and adult practice. With over 20 years of building trusted relationships within the Bayside community, this position comes with the ability to work alongside collaborative practitioners and with the option to develop profit share business opportunities.
At 4thought psychology we care about creating a welcoming and tranquil environment with therapy animals, veggie gardens and play equipment to support creative and experiential therapy approaches. Our values are based on providing the best possible outcomes for clients, and supporting practitioners with professional development, supervision and a model which celebrates the work/life balance.
We support continued practitioner growth, and are inspired to work collaboratively, with the possibility to develop workshops and seminars.
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Demonstrated and sound knowledge for the provision of therapy services and assessments to children and young people.
- A demonstrated ability to develop and implement best practice methodologies related to psychological interventions and behaviour support with a sound evidence base within an education setting.
- Knowledge and understanding of the co-morbidities associated with learning deficits and developmental presentations.
- Experience in, and understanding of, multidisciplinary and trans-disciplinary approaches to working with children and young people.
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to self-direct as well as work effectively with others.
- A commitment to personal and professional development.
- Demonstrated ability to develop professional networks both internally and externally with key stakeholders.
- Thorough knowledge of family dynamics and attachment.
- Providing multifarious therapeutic approaches with a broad range of presentations: anxiety, depression, PTSD, behavioural challenges, self-harm.
- Experienced in Educational and Psychological Assessments.
Your Qualities and Credentials should include:
- Registered with AHPRA, APS
- Medicare provider number required
- 3 or more years' experience, Private practice experiences an advantage
- Have a strong moral and ethical compass with a passion for client care
- Open to professional development and shared collegial case study discussions
- Experience liaising with multi-disciplinary teams and practitioners
- Advantage: trained in EMDR, IFS (Internal Family Systems), ACT, Mindfulness
- Clinical registration well regarded
This role will suit a passionate and creative psychologist, with a strong commitment to providing a level of excellence in the services for clients.
- Join a thriving practice with clinical/professional development through peer supervision and open discussions with a diverse team with broad experience and expertise.
- Our varied range of clientele offers areas of growth to consolidate and expand professional skills and areas of interest.
- Supportive practice of case management and therapeutic approaches.
- Excellent remuneration, flexible hours and session times to promote work/life balance.
- Work creatively in unique tranquil gardens, with our animal friends and play equipment.
- Business opportunities to create partnerships in developing extensions of services the practice offers.
This is a 3 day per week contractual position that is ongoing.
No Similar Jobs Found.