Experienced Registered Nurse
- : Berkeley Medical Centre
- : 07-Jun-2020
- : Kenmore QLD 4069
Berkeley Medical Centre is a modern GP clinic located in Kenmore. We are seeking a Registered Nurse with a minimum five years experience in all aspects of general practice nursing, as well as Best Practice software knowledge and the ability to assist with reception duties if needed. Must be experienced in CDM and GPMP’s. KPI’s will also need to be met. This is a casual position with approximately two to three shifts per week. Some flexibility needed to cover sick and holiday relief.
Some of the typical responsibilities of a practice nurse include:
- patient consultations at clinics, doctor’s offices, nursing homes and community health centres
- performing physical examinations, screening procedures and cervical smear/pregnancy tests
- diagnosing and treating a broad range of illnesses and ailments
- providing advice about contraception and helping to access and fit contraceptive devices
- treating wounds or injuries, including stitching as required
- putting on and removing dressings
- providing emergency first aid treatment for insect or snake bites or allergic reactions
- giving advice, education and information stopping smoking, drinking or losing weight
- taking patient specimens and vital signs (pulse, temperatures and blood pressure)
- giving immunisations, vaccinations and other infant injections
- setting up and managing clinics for specific ailments such as diabetes and asthma or general wellness
- working closely with many other health care professionals
- keeping written and / or electronic records and making sure that patient notes are current.
- Supervising RNs and ENs
- Assisting with accreditation
No Similar Jobs Found.