Full time Mental Health Clinician wanted in NSW - Immediate start
- : HealthcareLink On-Demand
- : 20-May-2020
- : All Sydney NSW
Job title: Mental Health Clinician wanted in NSW
Location: South-western fringe of Sydney
Hours: 38 hours/week, Full time
Salary: Generous Salary package (based on Experience)
About the Role:
Our client is a community managed organisation looking for a Mental Health Clinician, who is responsible for providing evidence- based, strengths focused, recovery orientated assessment and treatment within a multi-disciplinary team and coordinating consumers’ recovery plans.
- Provide short-term evidenced based psychological interventions to young people with mild to moderate mental health issues. Interventions will include identified family, friends and workers
- Undertake psychological assessments and treat clients accordingly
- Assess, monitor and manage clinical risk in consultation with Mental Health Clinical Coordinator
- Deliver individual and group therapy
- Establish a rapport with clients to assist them in understanding and accepting treatment recommendations
- Implement treatment consistent with a client’s diagnosis and relevant standards of care.
- Monitor, evaluate and record client progress according to measurable goals described in treatment plan
- Enhance client’s cognitive and behavioural changes that are in line with their overall treatment
- Collaborate with the team, partner organisations and stakeholders to provide the highest possible outcomes for young people
- The role is also responsible for non-clinical tasks including participation in quality improvement activities and participation in administrative responsibilities as required.
Essential Criteria & Skills:
- Tertiary qualifications in Mental Health and/or Social work (Minimum diploma) and qualified Social Worker eligible for registration with the AASW
- Relevant qualifications as a Registered Nurse, Occupational Therapist, Speech Therapist or Psychologist currently registered with the AHPRA
- Demonstrated commitment to the philosophy and practice of consumer’s families and natural supports participating within the treatment process, as appropriate and in accordance with the NSW Mental Health Act 2007.
- Effective interpersonal skills, problem solving skills and personal resilience.
- Must provide a current Working with Children Check, National Police Check
- Current Drivers Licence and access to reliable transport
- Knowledge and understanding of working with both ATSI and CALD Communities
- Proven written and verbal communication skills and clear report writing skills
- Ability to manage own case load
- New Graduates are welcome to apply
If you are interested in this position please click Apply Now