General Practitioner - Bowen
Proposed Commencement Date: 05/04/2022
The Medical Centre is a private medical practice owned by a local indigenous community organization that also runs a housing co-operative and many health, family support and employment projects. The practice will run as a mixed fee for service and bulk billing practice with a focus on preventative health care and management of chronic illness. It has been operating from July 2010 and is open to the whole community.
The Centre has 2 consulting rooms, a procedure room, staff room and 2 areas for visiting allied health specialists on the main street on Bowen. On staff are a 1 Locum General Practitioner, Registered Nurse, Enrolled Nurse, 2 x Indigenous Health Worker, Practice Manager and a Receptionist. The centre is situated in a duplex setting with a private dental practice as a neighbour.
The General Practitioner role is to provide comprehensive medical care to individuals, families and communities (from initial consultation to follow up) on simple and complex health conditions. The General Practitioner provides a range of health services ranging from prevention of illness through to treatment and rehabilitation. The position requires consultation with other health professionals internally (eg Nurse, Aboriginal Health Worker) and externally (eg specialist) as required, with coordination and ongoing care relating back to the General Practitioner. General practitioners in this role continue to assist patients and the community by providing ongoing education, participating in health promotion, conducting research and assisting training to colleagues and other health professionals.
The doctor will need to be familiar or willing to learn and perform ATSI Health Check, Health Checks and Care Plans. The General Practitioner will be expected to perform Pap Smears.
The successful applicants will be seeing some Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander clients, utilising the Close the Gap Initiative for Indigenous Health including the Practice Incentive Program (PIP) and PBS Co-Payment Scheme. We would like our staff to be community minded and support the community not for profit sector. We would also like staff to possess a healthy appreciation of and commit to utilise chronic disease prevention and management community health programs on offer in community.
- Mixed Billing Practice
- 65% rate (minimum 25 patients approx. per day x 5 days) can be negotiated with Management Committee.
- 70% will be offered to GP’s that are qualified and willing to supervise after probation period.
- Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday between 8.00am and 5pm, Lunch 12:30 – 1:30
- Thursday & Friday between 7:00am and 3pm, Lunch 11:15 – 12:15
- 1.5 to 2 years contract minimum
- We use Medical Director and Pracsoft 4.0a at our practice. We would prefer that the doctor to be familiar with this computer software.
- We are not an AMS, but we do focus on Indigenous Health. We would like the doctor to be familiar or willing to learn and perform ATSI Health Check, Health Checks and Care Plans
- The General Practitioner will be expected to perform Pap Smears.
- The General Practitioner will need General Registration as we cannot provide supervision.
After Hours Requirements: No
Qualifications & Experience:
You will need at least general registration with AHPHA, as we cannot provide supervision. The successful applicants will be seeing some Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander clients, utilising the Close the Gap Initiative for Indigenous Health including the Practice Incentive Program (PIP) and PBS Co-Payment Scheme. We would like our staff to be community minded and support the community not for profit sector. We would also like staff to possess a healthy appreciation of and commit to utilise chronic disease prevention and management community health programs on offer in community.
Bowen is a seaside country town with 7 beaches, great outdoors lifestyle and is situated at the top of the Whitsundays, just 45 mins from Airlie Beach and Proserpine. We are located 2 hours from Townsville to the north and Mackay to the South. It has sailing, snorkelling/diving and fishing on the Great Barrier Reef, a nine-hole golf course along the beachfront, as well as many recreational activities available in the community such as cycling, bushwalking, fossicking, arts and crafts and most sports. Bowen is a very friendly town, with aspirations to become the festival capital of Australia and you will easily settle into the community. The lifestyle is very low stress and laid back.
For more information on this position, please contact our team!
Please apply via the 'Apply Now' button on this page.
Following successful placement, eligible candidates may be entitled to receive support and financial assistance through Health Workforce Queensland's comprehensive workforce attraction and retention incentives. This position may be eligible for a scholarship or bursary for ongoing professional development.
- Senior General Practitioner
- Posted By: Ocean Village Medical Centre
- Posted Date: 2022-08-18
- Location:Wembley Downs WA 6019
- Senior General Practitioner Accredited, private billing practice in Wembley Downs seeking a GP to...
- VR General Practitioner
- Posted By: Auburn Central Medical Centre
- Posted Date: 2022-08-17
- Location:Auburn NSW 2144
- Busy AGPAL accredited practice Open 7 days, DWS afterhours and weekend available Practice nur...
- General Practitioner
- Posted By: Pioneer Medical Centre
- Posted Date: 2022-08-17
- Location:North Mackay QLD 4740
- RETIRING DOCTOR needs to transfer patients. Your position will be tailor-made to include your wants,...
- General Practitioner - Hervey Bay
- Posted By: Health Workforce
- Posted Date: 2022-08-17
- Location:hervey bay QLD 4655
- DPA location Practice Information:This Clinic is a modern, large Medical Centre in the heart of the medical precinct of Hervey Bay. The practice has...