General Practitioner - Goondiwindi
This is a large group practice offering mixed billing. The practice provides rural generalist health services to over 15 thousand people in the district, on both sides of the QLD/NSW border. They are passionate about supporting our community, clinical teaching, achieving excellence through innovation, and reconciliation with Australia's first peoples. The Medical Centre is a renowned teaching practice and their doctors have a long history of involvement in General Practice training through mentoring medical students, junior doctors, and registrars. They provide antenatal and postnatal care, immunisations, Indigenous health outreach, well established chronic disease clinics, palliative care, a rostered after-hours service, aged care, and holistic care for our patients from pre-conception through to palliative care.
It's worth mentioning that their 5 practice partners all came to Goondiwindi as junior doctors and then returned after attaining their advanced skills. This speaks volumes about their team, their opportunities, and the town of Goondiwindi. The local hospital is staffed by doctors from this medical centre and you have the option of a hospital appointment should you wish. Goondiwindi Hospital supports visiting Obstetrics, Gynaecology, Cardiology, General Surgery and Mental Health services. This medical centre hosts the bi-annual Gundy Medical Muster which coincides with the renowned Gourmet in Gundy Festival.
The medical centre is a family-friendly practice. Specialist GPs have access to flexible working arrangements and negotiable remuneration will be reflective of your experience and commitment to the practice.
The medical centre offers an after-hours service to Goondiwindi and surrounding districts. They currently have 12 doctors on staff who share the load of the after-hours service on a rostered basis which equates to one week in every 12. For the safety of our doctors rostered for after-hours call, we have an arrangement with the local hospital where our on-call doctor meets the patient in the emergency department if a face-to-face consultation is deemed necessary.
The practice is looking for one full-time General Practitioner who is seeking to make a long-term commitment to the group practice.
Qualifications & Experience:
The successful applicant will need to be vocationally registered and have previous General Practice experience with an interest in Rural Medicine. Additional skills such as Anaesthetics, Obstetrics, Paediatrics, Mental Health, Indigenous Health, Internal Medicine, or Emergency Medicine would be highly regarded.
Job Type: Permanent - Full Time.
After Hours Requirements: Yes, on call after hours 1 week in 12.
Salary Type: Percentage of billings.
Proposed Commencement Date: 07.07.2022
Hugging the banks of the Macintyre River 350-kilometres south-west of Brisbane on the NSW border and nestled between the traditional lands of the Bigambul and Gamilaraay people lies the country town of Goondiwindi, renowned for its strong agricultural industry and recently crowned best Regional town in Queensland. Get your town bearings on the 3 km river walk lined with Jacaranda trees and visit the 210 hectare National Heritage Water Park. Shop along Marshall and Herbert streets for homewares and beautiful clothing, or dine at the striking Victoria Hotel for lunch. Be sure to venture to the native botanic gardens and our gorgeous ‘town park’, where we host the grueling annual triathlon event "Hell of the West" in February each year. What Goondiwindi can offer you: Goondiwindi has everything you need, and with a median house price at a very affordable $335,500, it’s not hard to see why it’s the talk of the region. Check out some more features:
- Friendly & welcoming community
- 3 primary schools and 3 high schools
- Gorgeous art deco twin cinema
- Fabulous cafés and coffee
- An abundance of enthusiastic and free exercise groups
- The incredibly popular Goondiwindi Picnic Races
- Weekly Parkrun
- The Hut’ - Goondiwindi Performing Arts Centre
- Vast number of parks within walking drive or short drive of CBD
- Triathlon club
- Art gallery + library
- Beautiful fashion and homewares stores
For more information on this position, please contact our team!
Please apply via the 'Apply Now' button on this page.
Following successful placement, eligible candidates may be entitled to receive support and financial assistance through Health Workforce Queensland's comprehensive workforce attraction and retention incentives. This position may be eligible for a scholarship or bursary for ongoing professional development.
- Senior General Practitioner
- Posted By: Ocean Village Medical Centre
- Posted Date: 2022-08-18
- Location:Wembley Downs WA 6019
- Senior General Practitioner Accredited, private billing practice in Wembley Downs seeking a GP to...
- VR General Practitioner
- Posted By: Auburn Central Medical Centre
- Posted Date: 2022-08-17
- Location:Auburn NSW 2144
- Busy AGPAL accredited practice Open 7 days, DWS afterhours and weekend available Practice nur...
- General Practitioner
- Posted By: Pioneer Medical Centre
- Posted Date: 2022-08-17
- Location:North Mackay QLD 4740
- RETIRING DOCTOR needs to transfer patients. Your position will be tailor-made to include your wants,...
- General Practitioner - Hervey Bay
- Posted By: Health Workforce
- Posted Date: 2022-08-17
- Location:hervey bay QLD 4655
- DPA location Practice Information:This Clinic is a modern, large Medical Centre in the heart of the medical precinct of Hervey Bay. The practice has...