General Practitioner (GP) - Cairns - High Pay
- : Health Workforce Queensland
- : 18-Oct-2019
- : Cairns QLD 4870
The location is Cairns
Cairns is located in Northern Queensland on the Great Barrier Reef and near the Daintree Rainforest region. It has universities, hospitals, wonderful tropical climate all year round. It has everything a big City has and is located in a beautiful tourist location. Many of the doctors who live and work here, would not live anywhere else.
- Very busy appointment based Bulk Billing practice with 10 consulting rooms, 2 to 3 nurses rostered on each day, skin work, treatment room with 4 beds and procedure room, supporting allied health.
- Education, collegiate support, flexibility with times, days and hours.
- Can work in Molescan and Jobfit clinics within practice if interests lie in Skin or Occupational Health.
- Above market billings and sign on incentives available.
Monday to Friday: 7:30am - 8:00pm
Saturday & Sunday: 9am to 5:00pm
After Hours requirements:
- Some share weekend work on roster - only about 1 day, once a month.
- We are looking for a doctor who is interested in being very busy. This is a high billing clinic and is very busy. We have booked appointments but also accept walk ins.
- To provide primary care in a traditional practice setting in accordance with the RACGP's standards of care.
- The practitioner will require the skills to diagnose and treat a broad range of medical conditions common to general practice, including management of diabetes, hypertension, and asthma.
- They will be required to be competent in attending to minor trauma and minor surgical procedures. The practice is highly represented by families, elderly, Aboriginal and Refugee health. Obesity and diabetes is recognised as a particular problem in this locality. The GP is expected to be culturally aware and respectful.
- The doctor also needs to be capable of performing all tasks in a sage and appropriate manner allowing the safe management of all general practice type presentations including but not limited to cardiac, obstetric, medical, surgical, paediatric, psychiatric and dermatological conditions.
- Additionally, the doctor needs to be competent in recognizing severe and acute illnesses and be able to manage and refer to the appropriate specialist or allied health professional and to care for patient's needs appropriately until the patient's care is taken over by the appropriate specialist.
- Doctors are expected to participate in practice meetings and education, participate in own study towards Fellowship and to make sure that CPD is considered an ongoing requirement.
For further information regarding this position please Apply Now
No Similar Jobs Found.