General Practitioner (GP) - Charters Towers
- : Health Workforce Queensland
- : 04-May-2020
- : Charters Towers City QLD 4820
Role General Practitioner - Charters Towers
Take a step back in time and discover the enchanting town of Charters Towers, just an hour and half west of Townsville. Driving through the streets of Charters Towers is like viewing a living montage of Australian history and heritage. Gold was first discovered in the outback town of Charters Towers in 1871 by Aboriginal horse boy, Jupiter Mosman. It quickly became a booming gold rush town, with over 65 hotels and more than 25,000 people moving to the region. Charters Towers become the second largest town in Queensland and was renowned for having everything a civilised person could want and as a result nicknamed "The World." Today you can still see evidence of those early days with many museums, tours and colonial architecture depicting the past.
Charters Towers offers a number of magnificent heritage buildings which are testament to the prosperity of the early 1980s. The heritage listed Stock Exchange Arcade, The World Theatre, City Hall and the Post Office Tower will have you reaching for your camera. The cemetery, which was established in 1895, is the resting place of Jupiter Mosman.
Don't forget to visit the iconic drive-in cinema for flicks under the stars, the Towers Hill lookout for vast outback landscapes, the Venus Gold Battery to discover the largest surviving Battery relic in Australia and pan for gold at the Miners Cottage.
The practice is set up for 4 Full Time GP's, currently they have 3 full time practitioners.
This Medical Centre currently services between 300 - 400 patients per week and the need for another GP is ever present. The practice is fully computerised with great support staff including two Receptionists, two Nurses and Practice Manager.
There is no after hours or on call requirements
Alternating Saturday Morning sessions with other GP's.
AHPRA registration as a General Practitioner
Please apply today for further information on this vacancy.
Following successful placement eligible candidates may be entitled to receive support and financial assistance through Health Workforce Queensland's comprehensive workforce attraction and retention incentives.
- General Practitioner (GP) - Castle Hill - 70% Bill...
- Posted By: Crane Road Medical Centre
- Posted Date: 2020-07-04
- Location:Castle Hill NSW 2154
- Fast growing ,With new train line in operation (only 50 metres from Castle hill station and bus terminal )
- VR GP | Private Billing | 3 month retainer of $160...
- Posted By: Mitcham GP
- Posted Date: 2020-07-02
- Location:Melbourne VIC 3000
- Mitcham General Practice is a new, purpose built clinic 10 minutes from the CBD. We are a private bi...
- GP for modern, busy clinic in the sunshine Plaza
- Posted By: Medpods Medical Centre Maroochydore
- Posted Date: 2020-07-02
- Location:Maroochydore QLD 4558
- Our busy clinic is located inside the bustling Maroochydore Sunshine Plaza which is the largest shopping centre on the Sunshine Coast.
- VR General Practitioner (GP) | Relocation Assista...
- Posted By: My New Life Health Centre
- Posted Date: 2020-07-01
- Location:Carrara QLD 4211
- Good income opportunity as a full-time permanent General Practitioner in Gold Coast, opportunity to move in the best city in Australia.