General Practitioner (GP) - Chinchilla
- : Health Workforce Queensland
- : 04-Nov-2019
- : Chinchilla QLD 4413
We are looking for a Full Time General Practitioenr GP.
Chinchilla is 293 kms west of Brisbane in the Western Downs Region of Queensland, population 6,500. The town is famous for its melons and a renowned spot for fossicking, fishing, bushwalking and camping. Producing 25 per cent of the country's watermelons, rockmelons and honeydew melons. Chinchilla is the undisputed melon capital. Nothing captures the strong community spirit of this town better than the biennial 'Chinchilla Melon Festival'. Chinchilla is a peaceful and pretty town, featuring a beautiful tree-lined main street just off the highway. Head to the Cultural Centre, the pride of the street. Its award-winning design includes a cinema, library and the White Gums Art Gallery. Fossickers from around the world come in search of much sought after "Chinchilla Red" petrified wood.
The two Principal GP's at the Practice are both procedural GP's. Collectively they practice obstetrics, paediatrics, emergency medicine, anaesthetics, orthopaedics, ultrasound, skin surgery, and musculoskeletal medicine for which they regularly attend workshops/ seminars and clinical attachments to maintain and update skills. We currently have 4 registrars employed at the Practice doing their GP placements.
- The Practice is open:
- Monday to Friday, 8.00 am - 5.30 pm (Appts: 9.00 am - 5.00 pm)
- Wednesday Night Clinic 11am - 7.30pm.
- Weekend clinics Saturday 9am - 12.30pm & Sunday 11.30am until all consultations complete (1.30pm).
- Night clinic, weekend clinics and weekly visits to the Aged Care Facility are done on a roster.
- We are not a bulk billing practice.
- We conduct Health assessments, GP management plans and team care arrangements.
- There are Pathology collection rooms on site and a pharmacy. We do employment related medicals consisting of health assessment, audio, spirometry and instant drug & alcohol testing.
- Computed Radiography - X-rays direct to the doctor's computer terminal. We have a procedure room where we carry out circumcisions, vasectomies and skin lesions and skin cancer excisions.
- We have a conference room for meetings and telehealth consults using Skype and Zoom.
- The practice holds weekly clinical meetings at which one GP or GP Registrar presents a case for discussion and they are encouraged to attend the local Division PHN
- Chapter meetings at which specialist guest speakers attend.
- Out of hours call outs are generally directed to the hospital where the doctor will attend the patient in the presence of nursing and other staff.
- Whilst house calls are made available to our patients, the decision to agree to attend at home is that of the doctor.
- During hours they will only be asked to visit their own patients and where these are not well known by the registrar, they can take advice from the principal GPs, one of whom will take over the call if felt appropriate.
- Alternatively an ambulance will be booked to bring the patient to the Practice or hospital.
Click Apply Now
- General Practitioner VR Fellow GP - 75 to 80% Bill...
- Posted By: Casey Gate Medical Centre
- Posted Date: 2019-11-12
- Location:Narre Warren South VIC 3805
- Financially rewarding, Flexible working hours and conditions, Negotiable terms, Opportunity for Partnership
- General Practitioner
- Posted By: One Stop Medical
- Posted Date: 2019-11-11
- Location:Mackay QLD 4740
- Friendly practice; beautiful regional coastal town
- Earn up to $400,000/annum, DWS sites in WA
- Posted By: The Wishing Well Clinic
- Posted Date: 2019-11-10
- Location:West Busselton WA 6280
- Earn up to $400,000 a year on your 70%. Training will be given to do so.
- General Practitioner - LOCUMS at our Family Practi...
- Posted By: Family Practice Medical Centres
- Posted Date: 2019-11-09
- Location:Kallangur QLD 4503
- We urgently seeking LOCUMS at our Family Practice across QLD/NSW Take the stress out of continual...
- General Practitioner | Very Busy Clinic | 70% on ...
- Posted By: HealthcareLink Support
- Posted Date: 2019-11-07
- Location:Cairns & Far North QLD
- AI technology for mole scans, skin cancer and pre-employment medicals can be privately billed to subsidise income