- : HealthcareLink Employer
- : 26-Oct-2020
- : Darwin NT 800
- Darwin location, Part Time
- Have a real impact on the health and wellbeing of our Indigenous communities
- Work with a down to earth team, dedicated to what we do
We have a great opportunity for dedicated and experienced General Practitioner to join our After-Hours clinic with the Malak Clinic. Take on an important role where you’ll improve the health and wellbeing of Indigenous Australians by reaching out to the community and promoting better health choices. We will provide great learning opportunities, giving you the chance to grow your skills and progress your career.
Established in 1991, The employer is a community organisation providing comprehensive primary health care to Biluru communities in the Yilli Rreung Region of the Northern Territory. We aim to improve the physical, mental, spiritual, cultural and social wellbeing of our clients through innovative comprehensive programs based on principles of equity, access, empowerment, determination and collaboration.
About the Role
The successful candidate will be providing a range of culturally appropriate and comprehensive primary health care services to clients of The employer in our After-Hours clinic. There is a significant primary care component as well as specific programs.
- You’ll IMPACT the community, helping close the gap in Indigenous healthcare and wellbeing, one helping hand at a time.
- You’ll be PROUD, both of the work you do and who you work for.
- You’ll work with a TEAM, alongside people who are down to earth and truly dedicated to what we do.
- You’ll EXPERIENCE and learn something new every day through the variety of your role.
- You’ll embrace the OPPORTUNITY to progress your career - follow your path at Danila Dilba.
- Provide clinical services to clients in the acute setting while applying the principles of chronic disease management to appropriate cases.
- Participate in primary health care service delivery and development.
- Participate in screening, recall, follow up and referral processes.
- Partake in clinical audits
- Participate in Registrar, Aboriginal Health Worker and medical student supervision, education and staff development sessions to upgrade skills.
- Contribute to operational system reviews and improvement.
- Utilise the Communicare client management system, HIC online and other associated systems to ensure that client records are maintained accurately and meet all legal obligations
- Utilise adult health check assessments and care planning for all clients.
- Be effective and efficient in ensuring timely billing for Medicare, PIP and SIP payments.
- Promote the role and importance of Aboriginal Community Controlled Health organisations within government and the community.
- Advocate for and represent the interests of Danila Dilba locally and nationally.
- Undertake any other duties at the request of the Practice Manager which are considered relevant to the position and the level of classification for the position.
- Represent Danila Dilba at meetings, seminars, conferences and functions as appropriate
- Develop, implement and deliver contemporary models of holistic mental health and social and emotional wellbeing services including psychological interventions, counselling, support and advocacy services in clinic settings;
Are you the Right Person?
The successful candidate will have:
- Current registration as a General Practitioner with AHPRA
- Fellow of the RACGP or ACCRM with a minimum 2 years’ experience in General Practice
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to liaise with people from a wide range of cultural and social backgrounds.
- Demonstrated understanding of the principles of Primary Health Care within Indigenous Health
- Understanding and/or awareness of the concepts of Aboriginal self-determination.
- Demonstrated awareness of and sensitivity to Aboriginal culture and history and knowledge of issues impacting on Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
- Ability to work independently, and as a member of a team, with strong organisational skills and demonstrated ability to plan, manage and prioritise tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team in a cross-cultural and complex environment.
- Demonstrated high level computer skills, including experience using Microsoft Word and Excel (or similar) as well as the ability to use clinical practice software.
- Demonstrated high standard of written skills in the preparation of detailed reports, general correspondence, and documentations with an understanding of confidentiality.
- Understanding and respect of the importance of the role of Aboriginal Community Controlled organisations, Aboriginal Health Practitioners and other indigenous staff in Aboriginal Health and be willing to respect and support the The employer, Aboriginal Health Worker First policy.
- A detailed understanding how Medicare works
We want you to be proud of both the work you do and of who you work for! Follow your path at Danila Dilba - where every person matters!
No Similar Jobs Found.