General Practitioner (GP) Tully
- : Health Workforce Queensland
- : 25-Oct-2019
- : Tully QLD 4854
General Practitioner Tully
Location: Cairns & Far North > Regional QLD
Worktype: Full Time
Profession / Role: Healthcare & Medical > General Practitioner
Tully is a pretty coastal town situated halfway between the Regional Cities of Cairns and Townsville in Tropical Far North Queensland.
It has a population of around 3000 with a further 3500 people in surrounding districts. The nearest hospital is Tully District Hospital which is a short drive around the corner from Tully Medical Centre. Tully is primarily a farming community with sugar cane and bananas the primary industries. Beautiful Mission Beach nearby provides access to the Great Barrier Reef and tropical islands. Other local activities include white water rafting, parachuting, rainforest walks and a wide range of sporting and craft clubs. There are 2 primary schools (one public and one Catholic) and one high school. Townsville and Cairns provide Universities for tertiary education as well as International airports.
We are looking for a full-time or part-time GP to complement our team. Hours are flexible and remuneration is 65% of gross billings. The practice has a mixture of private and bulk billing.
The Medical Centre currently has 3 full time Doctors and 1 part time Registrar. We have full time nursing support with registered and enrolled practice nurses. We have an exceptional team completed by a Practice Manager and reception staff. We are supported by a variety of visiting allied health professionals and a physician visiting the local hospital.
We are a fully computerised and AGPAL accredited practice and have affiliations with James Cook University Medical School and General Medical Training.
X-ray services including ultrasound is provided locally and pathology services by QML are located nearby. CT scans are available in Innisfail which is 40klm to the north and full specialist services are available in Cairns 150klm away.
After hours cover is optional. Currently the practice principal provides all the afterhours cover until 11 pm each weeknight evening. Arrangements with the local hospital allows for them to take over the afterhours call outside these hours and on weekends. Call outs are infrequent.
Please apply today for further information on this position
- DWS/DPA General Practitioner (VR GP) - Busy Practi...
- Posted By: Glenmore Park Mediclinic
- Posted Date: 2019-11-13
- Location:Glenmore Park NSW 2745
- DPA/DWS Availability, quickly establish patient base, fantastic team, full Allied Health Services
- General Practitioner VR Fellow GP - 75 to 80% Bill...
- Posted By: Casey Gate Medical Centre
- Posted Date: 2019-11-12
- Location:Narre Warren South VIC 3805
- Financially rewarding, Flexible working hours and conditions, Negotiable terms, Opportunity for Partnership
- General Practitioner
- Posted By: One Stop Medical
- Posted Date: 2019-11-11
- Location:Mackay QLD 4740
- Friendly practice; beautiful regional coastal town
- Earn up to $400,000/annum, DWS sites in WA
- Posted By: The Wishing Well Clinic
- Posted Date: 2019-11-10
- Location:West Busselton WA 6280
- Earn up to $400,000 a year on your 70%. Training will be given to do so.
- General Practitioner - LOCUMS at our Family Practi...
- Posted By: Family Practice Medical Centres
- Posted Date: 2019-11-09
- Location:Kallangur QLD 4503
- We urgently seeking LOCUMS at our Family Practice across QLD/NSW Take the stress out of continual...