General Practitioner (GP)
- : Health Workforce Queensland
- : 06-Nov-2019
- : Cairns QLD 4870
We are looking for a General Practitioner GP
Cairns is found in Northern Queensland on the Great Barrier Reef. It has universities, hospitals, extraordinary tropical climate all year round, and has everything a giant town has and is found in a very lovely tourist location. Several of the doctors who live and work here, wouldn't live anyplace else!
10 consulting rooms, 2 to 3 nurses rostered on each day, skin work, treatment room with 4 beds and procedure room, supporting allied health services, education, collegiate support, flexibility with days and a sign on lump sum bonus. Fullerton Health has 3 practices in Cairns and we can accommodate you at the practice of your choice. Only 1 of these practices is DWS,
After Hours requirements:
As per roster for weekend work. Usually, one shift once a month.
We are looking for a doctor who enjoys being busy. You will have full books from Day One. We have Molescan and JobFit imbedded in our clinics and you may wish to consult in these areas if this is a special interest to you.
- To provide primary care in a traditional practice setting in accordance with the RACGP's standards of care.
- The practitioner will require the skills to diagnose and treat a broad range of medical conditions common to general practice, including management of diabetes, hypertension, and asthma.
- They will be required to be competent in attending to minor trauma and minor surgical procedures.
- The practice is highly represented by families, elderly, Aboriginal and Refugee health. Obesity and diabetes is recognised as a particular problem in this locality. The GP is expected to be culturally aware and respectful.
- The doctor also needs to be capable of performing all tasks in a sage and appropriate manner allowing the safe management of all general practice type presentations including but not limited to cardiac, obstetric, medical, surgical, paediatric, psychiatric and dermatological conditions.
- Additionally, the doctor needs to be competent in recognizing severe and acute illnesses and be able to manage and refer to the appropriate specialist or allied health professional and to care for patient's needs appropriately until the patient's care is taken over by the appropriate specialist.
Doctors are expected to participate in practice meetings and education, participate in own study towards Fellowship and to make sure that CPD is considered an ongoing requirement.
Must hold AHPRA registration
Click Apply Now
No Similar Jobs Found.