General Practitioner Innisfail
- : Health Workforce Queensland
- : 07-Nov-2019
- : Innisfail QLD 4860
Town Information Innisfail
Innisfail is the Cassowary Coast's biggest town with a population of approximately 10,000. The township is situated at the junction of the North and South Johnstone Rivers, about 5km from the coast. Cairns is just a 1 hour drive north and offers plenty of tourist activities and has an international airport. There are also 2 universities - JCU and CQU. The district offers public and private schooling as well as a TAFE College.
Innisfail has a newly refurbished hospital with helipad and has aged care facilities. Beautiful beaches, including Mission Beach a popular tourist destination along the Coral Sea Coast, with links to Dunk and Bedarra Islands. Innisfail is also home to the multi award winning tourist attraction Paronella Park. The Atherton Tablelands is just a 1 hour drive up the Palmerston Highway, leading to rainforests, crater lakes, the Herberton Heritage Village, Kuranda and Yungaburra markets, hot air ballooning and Tinaroo Dam. Innisfail offers a relaxed lifestyle, and is a lovely place to raise a family. It is a friendly community that provides plenty of sporting opportunities including football, tennis, squash, lawn bowls, golf, pony club, martial arts, dancing, cricket, rowing, swimming, netball and basketball.
There are also 2 fully equipped Gyms and a ladies only gym. A warm tropical climate and an annual rainfall of around 3500mm ensures the area is always lush and green. Agriculture is the major economic driver with well-established banana, sugar cane and tropical fruit industries. Nearby Mourilyan Harbour is a major regional port with bulk sugar-loading facilities, and the South Johnstone Sugar Mill is a significant local employer. Tourism is a growth industry and Innisfail is a popular destination for backpackers who work in the banana industry.
Practice Information / Services provided
Our new surgery is currently a very busy solo practice with 1 full time GP, looking for a dedicated GP to join us. Modern facility with all new equipment and fully computerised. The surgery uses Best Practice Medical software.
Mixed billing and a large patient data base with room for growth. Services provided include: GP consultations, skin cancer checks, excisions, skin flaps, men's and women's health, vaccinations and immunisations, aged care and EPC. As a new practice we are currently preparing for Accreditation later this year.
Ample patient parking with ambulance and disabled access. Close to town and hospital. Experienced, friendly staff. The practice currently incorporates a chiropractor, massage therapist, psychologist and skin therapist
After Hours requirements
Weekend and after hour work is available if desired.
We are looking for a full time male or female GP with AHPRA registration to join our team.
The surgery is DWS registered so would also consider candidates currently holding limited registration and require supervision (level 3 or higher) in accordance with AHPRA requirements.
- DWS/DPA General Practitioner (VR GP) - Busy Practi...
- Posted By: Glenmore Park Mediclinic
- Posted Date: 2019-11-13
- Location:Glenmore Park NSW 2745
- DPA/DWS Availability, quickly establish patient base, fantastic team, full Allied Health Services
- General Practitioner VR Fellow GP - 75 to 80% Bill...
- Posted By: Casey Gate Medical Centre
- Posted Date: 2019-11-12
- Location:Narre Warren South VIC 3805
- Financially rewarding, Flexible working hours and conditions, Negotiable terms, Opportunity for Partnership
- General Practitioner
- Posted By: One Stop Medical
- Posted Date: 2019-11-11
- Location:Mackay QLD 4740
- Friendly practice; beautiful regional coastal town
- Earn up to $400,000/annum, DWS sites in WA
- Posted By: The Wishing Well Clinic
- Posted Date: 2019-11-10
- Location:West Busselton WA 6280
- Earn up to $400,000 a year on your 70%. Training will be given to do so.
- General Practitioner - LOCUMS at our Family Practi...
- Posted By: Family Practice Medical Centres
- Posted Date: 2019-11-09
- Location:Kallangur QLD 4503
- We urgently seeking LOCUMS at our Family Practice across QLD/NSW Take the stress out of continual...