General Practitioner - Maryborough
Salary: $250,000 - $290,000 = FTE per annum base salary
Working together to help “Close The Gap” this Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health care service has a rewarding opening for a General Practitioner to join the busy Maryborough clinic on Queensland’s fabulous Fraser Coast. This Community Controlled Health Organisation (ACCHO) was established in 2007. With two clinics and growing across the Wide Bay region, they currently provide health care services for more than 3,000 Indigenous residents. The Board of Directors represents the communities they serve, ensuring every decision they make helps equip local people to take control of their lives and pro-actively manage their health.
The practice name means “Good Meeting Place” and that’s exactly what the clinics provide. A place where aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people can access a comprehensive suite of high quality, wraparound Primary Healthcare Services to fit all ages and stages of their health journey.
Why join this organisation?
These are exciting times for this organisation, with many positive changes taking place – including new programs, new staff and expanding services. They already have a good complement of permanent doctors and wraparound support team including Experienced Nurses, Aboriginal Health Workers/Practitioners, Midwives, Allied Health Providers and Reception teams in each clinic. They are adding to that mix with additional staff in Social and Emotional Wellbeing, Allied Health, Paediatrics program, outreach service and our NDIS Community Connector role. The purpose-built clinic in Maryborough offers exceptional facilities and is situated in the heart of the Heritage City, just 2 hours from the Sunshine Coast.
As the successful General Practitioner (Maryborough Clinic) you will be in unique position to make a significant contribution to improving the health of their communities, as part of an experienced, close-knit and supportive cohort of health professionals. You’ll be working with our highly experiences and varied multi-disciplinary team to deliver comprehensive primary healthcare services with a focus on preventative medical care, chronic disease management and prevention, and linking clients with ongoing support services.
Other core aspects of your role will include:
- Providing clinical leadership across the spectrum of our clinical services.
- Promoting continuous improvement of high-quality service delivery models.
- Contributing advice to support the development of the organisation’s medical workforce.
What we can offer you
- Exposure to diverse clinical practice.
- An attractive and highly competitive base salary between $250,000 - $290,000=FTE per annum, plus salary packaging and paid annual study leave.
- A voice in effectively shaping medical processes.
- Flexible work arrangements.
- Locum relief.
- No on-call or after-hours requirements (you’ll be working between the hours of 7am and 6pm Monday to Friday)
- A high staff to General Practitioner ratio.
- Best Practice standards in management, service, equipment and technology.
- Unique and engaging professional development opportunities.
- Car parking on-site.
And a chance to enjoy a healthy work/life balance and soak up the idyllic environment and close sense of community that only a regional area like the Fraser Coast has to offer.
Qualifications and Experience
How do you know if you’re the right fit?
We are looking for people who are adaptable and understand that empathy is needed to build strong, mutually satisfying relationships – whether it’s with patients, colleagues, community partners or our community elders, aunties and uncles. Before you reach out and apply, we need you to have:
- MBBS and unconditional registration with the Medical Board of Australia (AHPRA)
- Minimum of 3 years medical experience
- Vocationally registered or RACGP fellowship
- Eligibility for an unrestricted Medicare Care Provider Number
- A background or awareness of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health and a commitment and willingness to working within a Community Controlled Aboriginal Health Service
- Experience with Complex Chronic Disease Management and adherence to Galangoor’s Comprehensive Primary Healthcare Model
- Commitment to working within the principles of a Case Management framework
- Ability to effectively work within a diverse interdisciplinary team which includes a range of clinical team, non-clinical team and community members
- Exemplary interpersonal communication skills
- Commitment to patient centric care
It would also be beneficial if you have:
- Accreditation as a GP Registrar Supervisor and/or willingness to undertake supervision role
- Experience with Chronic Disease Management and other relevant speciality areas within the cultural context and impacts for Indigenous people.
- Experience in or a demonstrated commitment to improving Indigenous Health outcomes.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the social determinants of health issues affecting Indigenous people and how Primary Health Care principles apply in an Aboriginal Community Controlled Health setting.
- Commitment to and understanding of the characteristics of Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisations.
While knowledge of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander culture is helpful, what will really see you thrive in our community is an open mind, willingness to be exposed to culture, and curiosity.
Your next steps… This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to be part of a culturally rich community and to make a real difference to the lives of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children and families. If you’re in search of a more flexible and liveable lifestyle and looking to relocate, or maybe a local General Practitioner keen to make a change for the better – we should talk.
The Fraser Coast is the perfect blend of coastal resort meets country serenity. Ideally situated in Queensland’s south-east corner, the superb natural surrounds provide abundant opportunities for outdoor and aquatic activities. The climate is mild, and the shopping, dining, festivals and events are plentiful. And Brisbane is a 50-minute daily flight or easy road or rail trip away. The toughest choice you’ll face is whether to live in Hervey Bay with its kilometres of golden beaches, safe swimming, whale watching and World Heritage Listed Fraser Island (K’Gari) on its doorstep. Or surrounded by Maryborough’s riverside parks and heritage streetscapes, steeped in history mixed with an artistic vibe.
For more information on this position, please contact our team!
Please apply via the 'Apply Now' button on this page.
Following successful placement, eligible candidates may be entitled to receive support and financial assistance through Health Workforce Queensland's comprehensive workforce attraction and retention incentives. This position may be eligible for a scholarship or bursary for ongoing professional development.
- General Practitioner - Boonah
- Posted By: Health Workforce
- Posted Date: 2022-08-11
- Location:boonah QLD 4310
- Practice Information:Friendly group GP practice in QLD country town. One hour drive to Brisbane and Gold Coast. Bulk Billings with on-site QML/USS/Au.
- General Practitioner
- Posted By: Mudgee Medical Centre
- Posted Date: 2022-08-11
- Location:Mudgee NSW 2850
- Live and Work in Mudgee NSW Exciting opportunity to join the fantastic team at Mudgee Medical Cen...
- General Practitioner
- Posted By: Beenleigh Mall Medical Centre
- Posted Date: 2022-08-11
- Location:Beenleigh QLD 4207
- Full time or Part time GP wanted at Beenleigh Mall Medical Centre Beenleigh Mall Medical Centre i...
- 3 x VR GPs Required | Training for Cosmetics Avail...
- Posted By: HealthcareLink On-Demand
- Posted Date: 2022-08-10
- Location:Chatswood NSW 2067
- Multidisplinary , Cosmetic training, Experienced staff, Up to 75% of Billings on Weekends