General Practitioner Permanent Westcourt Cairns
- : Health Workforce Queensland
- : 25-Oct-2019
- : Cairns QLD 4870
Cairns is a fast growing, popular tourist destination situated in tropical North Queensland. The city has a population of approximately 150,000. Considered the Gateway to the Great Barrier Reef, Cairns is well known for its fishing, diving, sailing and snorkelling. The Esplanade, with views of the ocean, is lined with restaurants and has a salt water swimming pool and established children's play park for those lazy Sunday afternoons with the family. Regular markets and several large shopping centres provide plenty of shopping outlets.
There are beautiful beaches, including Palm Cove, a unique, relaxing village by the sea. The Tropical Tablelands is a one hour drive and offers diverse landscapes including world heritage rainforests and crater lakes, expansive savannahs and wetlands, along with a variety of rural and agricultural farming.
With an International airport and cruise ships that regularly port, it is an extremely popular part of the world that offers a more relaxed lifestyle, but still provides plenty of entertainment and adventure.
Cairns has a diverse range of education opportunities ranging from primary to secondary schools, including public, private, boarding as well as 2 universities, JCU and CQU.
Sport is well covered in the Cairns district. Including football, cricket, swimming, lawn bowls, ten pin bowling, martial arts, pony club, tennis,basketball, netball, and water sports. There are also several fully equipped Gyms throughout the region. For those interested in the cultural arts, there are dancing schools, the Cairns Choral Society and art centres.
There are 2 well equipped hospitals that provide outreach clinics, specialist services, oncology, allied health and community health clinics.
There are also a dozen aged care facilities in the district. With exciting new developments commencing including the Aquis Resort and Cairns Aquarium Centre, this city is set for major expansion in the years to come.
FNQH is seeking motivated and enthusiastic GP/Skin Cancer doctors for our dynamic and new state of the art practice located in Cairns. Positions will suit doctors aspiring to undergo a fellowship with the SCCA as full training and supervision will be provided by leading Skin Cancer practitioners
Great pay rates will be offered and negotiated based on experience and qualifications.
There are no on call or afterhours commitments for this position.
This new Skin and General Practice centre is located in the DFO centre on the main road into Cairns with pathology and pharmacy co-located.
The modern centre will be fully computerised and fitted with the latest up to date skin surgery equipment. There are 2 fully equipped theatres, a recovery room and 8 consulting rooms.
Opening hours will be 8.30am - 5.00pm Monday to Friday. Saturday hours to be advised depending on patient needs. The centre is closed Sundays and public holidays.
As a new practice it will be registered for accreditation pending for 12 months. This will be a mixed billing practice with nurse support. Strong focus on quality patient care is a must and a positive, team orientated attitude is required.
Why is FNQH different:
- Formal skin cancer training including regular journal club meetings. Mentorship available from some of the top skin cancer practitioners in Australia.
- MyScan equipment (Serial Digital Monitoring)
- Sedation anesthetic capable
- Total Body Photography, Photodynamic Therapy and Bluelight therapy
- Fully equipped theaters and all advanced Skin Surgery instruments including skin staples
- Ability for both Skin Cancer and GP work
- Possibility of great remuneration
- Great work life balance - no on calls or after hours.
- Education packages including clinical attachments with some of the top skin cancer practitioners provided by FNQH.
- Family run clinics with a vibrant friendly non corporate environment
- Able to sponsor visa if required.
- Entrepreneurial aspirations encouraged and can be accommodated.
Practice incentives available for the successful candidate
If you are interested in joining our team APPLY TODAY!
- DWS/DPA General Practitioner (VR GP) - Busy Practi...
- Posted By: Glenmore Park Mediclinic
- Posted Date: 2019-11-13
- Location:Glenmore Park NSW 2745
- DPA/DWS Availability, quickly establish patient base, fantastic team, full Allied Health Services
- General Practitioner VR Fellow GP - 75 to 80% Bill...
- Posted By: Casey Gate Medical Centre
- Posted Date: 2019-11-12
- Location:Narre Warren South VIC 3805
- Financially rewarding, Flexible working hours and conditions, Negotiable terms, Opportunity for Partnership
- General Practitioner
- Posted By: One Stop Medical
- Posted Date: 2019-11-11
- Location:Mackay QLD 4740
- Friendly practice; beautiful regional coastal town
- Earn up to $400,000/annum, DWS sites in WA
- Posted By: The Wishing Well Clinic
- Posted Date: 2019-11-10
- Location:West Busselton WA 6280
- Earn up to $400,000 a year on your 70%. Training will be given to do so.
- General Practitioner - LOCUMS at our Family Practi...
- Posted By: Family Practice Medical Centres
- Posted Date: 2019-11-09
- Location:Kallangur QLD 4503
- We urgently seeking LOCUMS at our Family Practice across QLD/NSW Take the stress out of continual...