General Practitioner (GP) - Townsville
- : Health Workforce Queensland
- : 05-Nov-2019
- : Townsville QLD 4810
RA Classification is 3. Townsville is a city on the north-eastern coast of Australia, in the state of QLD. Adjacent to the central section of the Great Barrier Reef, it is in the tropics region of Queensland. Townsville is Australia's largest urban centre north of the Sunshine Coast, with a 2016 census population of 200,000. Considered the unofficial capital of North Queensland, Townsville hosts a significant number of governmental, community and major business administrative offices for the northern half of the state.
Townsville has a tropical climate as it north of The Tropic Of Capricorn. Wet Season: November - May Dry Season: June - October. Average temperature 25 - 31 degrees. Schools include Kirwan State High School, Willows Primary, Weir Primary, Ryan Catholic, Thuringowa Primary and high school.
The Townsville Hospital - Angus Smith Drive, Douglas. This is 20 km away from the surgery approx 20 minutes drive. The hospital has the following specialist services: Intensive Care; hyperbaric medicine; palliative care; Spinal Rehabilitation; cardiac surgery and radiation and medical oncology. This Hospital is a teaching hospital, affiliated with James Cook University, and recognised for the training provided by specialists in anaesthetics, surgery, medicine, orthopaedics, obstetrics and gynaecology, psychiatry, General and Rural Practice associated with the hospital as well a range of associated professorships and clinical lecturers. The hospital also has clinics, allied health and outreach services.
Practice information / services provided:
- We are an accredited general practice medical centre serving a diverse range of patients. We are a group practice, bulk billing all patients 7 days from 7am. As well as GPs we also have on site pharmacy, pathology collection, dentist, physio, exercise physio, dietitian, diabetic educator, podiatrist and psycholigists.
- We also provide reception and nursing support for all of the hours the centre is open.
After Hours requirements:
- Some evening and weekend sessions required but mainly daytime, weekday sessions.
- The General Practitioner role is to provide comprehensive medical care to individuals, families and communities (From initial consultation to follow up) on simple and complex health conditions.
- The General Practitioner provides a range of health services ranging from prevention of illness through to treatment and rehabilitation.
- The position requires consultation with other professionals internally (eg Nurse) and externally (eg specialist) as required, with coordination and ongoing care relating back to the General Practitioner.
- General Practitioners in this role continue to assist patients and the community by providing ongoing education, participation in health promotion, conducting research and assisting training to colleagues and other health professionals.
Position Description available on application.
No Similar Jobs Found.