General Practitioner - Wynnum
- : HealthcareLink Support
- : 04-Nov-2019
- : Wynnum QLD 4178
This health service is currently recruiting for a full-time General Practitioner at our Wynnum clinic. The Wynnum clinic operates on a 38-hour week, Monday to Friday with a late night clinic to 8pm on a Thursday evening.
Operations began in 1984, with a Doctor and Nurse making weekly visits to Dunwich on North Stradbroke Island. Since that time, the health services provided have rapidly expanded now delivering a comprehensive co-ordinated community health service on the island and in Wynnum and Capalaba. The current vacancy for a General Practitioner is at in the Brisbane bayside suburb of Wynnum, although all staff may be required to work at other locations from time to time.
This health service operates a bulk billing service and operates under the IUIH Model of Care. On almost every measure, the health of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander clients is significantly lower than the health of the non-Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander population. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples have a poorer health profile than other Australians and their life expectancy is 18-19 years less.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide quality, culturally appropriate General Practitioner services to clients
- As part of a multidisciplinary team, deliver comprehensive preventative health screening and assessment and coordinated care planning and management across the life spectrum
- Support a culture of reflective practice and continuous quality improvement
- Provide supervision for trainees, in particular GP Registrars
- Maximise opportunities to enhance the range and quality of medical services to Aboriginal and Torres Strait islander clients, working with the team to optimise MBS billings for reinvestment in service delivery.
Key Skills and Experience
- Qualified medical practitioner with general AHPRA registration
- Vocational Registration (VR)
- Extensive experience in a primary health care setting
- Ability to work sensitively and effectively with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
If this sounds like the position for you please click apply now.
No Similar Jobs Found.