- : Rural Health West
- : 14-Jul-2020
- : Kalgoorlie WA 6430
DPA/DWS location - A chance to work in a fast paced, exciting role for an Australian icon has arisen.
Come and see the outback with the Royal Flying Doctor Service! Working with a team of supportive staff, this role will combine emergency medicine with rural general practice, 80% retrievals/20% clinics.
A full time retrieval doctor is required for the Royal Flying Doctor Service's Kalgoorlie base. Working nine shifts per fortnight (both day and night shifts) this position would suit a career doctor or proceduralist general practitioner with acute care experience.
You will also be required to service the outlying clinics in Menzies, Cosmo-Newberry, Transline/Eyre Highway, Eucla, Lake Varley and Tjuntjunjarra. Significant post-graduate experience is required (between five and seven years).
Must have significant Emergency Medicine, Critical Care, Anaesthetics (difficult airway management) and Paediatrics experience. Candidates who do not possess all of the above skills are unsuitable for RFDS. Applicants will be involved in providing a range of clinical services including Telemedicine, Aeromedical Retrievals and Flying Medical Clinics.
This is a unique opportunity for highly skilled medical practitioners to take a break from the ordinary and experience work as a flying doctor in outback Australia. Start date February 2021.
The PracticePrivate, group practice.
- Obstetrics: Desirable
- Anaesthetics: Essential
- Emergency: Essential
- Other Skills: Paediatrics procedural skills essential
- On call: Nine shifts per fortnight
- Remuneration: $357,109 per annum plus superannuation. Salary includes on call and professional development allowance.
- Accommodation: An air-conditioned home is provided.
- Vehicle: An air-conditioned, fully maintained and serviced vehicle will be provided, including fuel.
- Leave: Annual leave of seven weeks per year, two weeks study leave and additional (unpaid) procedural skills leave.
- Agreement: Salary packaging available. Sabbatical Leave of five weeks after five years continuous service. Laptop and Smartphone provided.
- Other details: A Performance Bonus payment of 12 weeks' base salary is payable on the completion of three years continuous remote base service. Also access to funding under Training for Rural & Remote Procedural GP Program and Rural Incentive Payment.
No Similar Jobs Found.