- : St Vincent's Hospital Melbourne
- : 29-Jul-2020
- : Melbourne VIC 3004
- General Practitioner's required to assist at the St Vincent's Hospital Melbourne Fever Clinic
- Fitzroy location
- Work for one of Australia’s leading hospital groups
About the Company
St Vincent’s Hospital Melbourne (SVHM) is part of St Vincent’s Health Australia and a leading teaching, research and tertiary health service which employs more than 6,500 staff across 18 sites throughout Melbourne. SVHM provides a diverse range of adult clinical services including acute medical and surgical services, sub-acute care, medical diagnostics, rehabilitation, allied health, mental health, palliative care, correctional health and community residential care. SVHM is one of Australia's leading Catholic not-for-profit healthcare providers.
About the Department
This role will be based at the SVHM Fever Clinic which is open between 08:00AM - 8:00PM, seven days per week.
About the Role
The doctor's role will predominantly be clinical oversight and review of patients who have been triaged, have had observations done, and have been swabbed by nursing staff who hit predefined criteria of concern and may require admission via ED. In addition, completion of medical certificates and medical documentation is required, with computer access.
The Fever clinic will have two shift types available - 07:30AM - 3:30PM and 12:30PM - 8:30PM .There may also be a middle of day shift required depending on the demand.
The classification for this position will vary dependent on qualifications held and years of experience as a Specialist.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
Full AHPRA accreditation with no current conditions
- Salary packaging
- Employee Assistance Program
- Staff Car Park
- Please attach your resume and cover letter to your application, and please note in your cover letter your desired hours per week and availability
- All appointments are made subject to the candidate providing a current satisfactory National Police Certificate conducted by The Victoria Police
- Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately. We encourage you to apply promptly as the advertisement may close early should a suitable applicant be sourced
At SVHM we acknowledge the importance of creating a work environment that is welcoming, safe, equitable and inclusive for Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Employees and we encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples. If you would like further information, contact our Indigenous Recruitment Coordinator through our careers page.
SVHA has a duty of care under work health and safety legislation to eliminate and/or control the risk of transmission of vaccine preventable diseases (VPD) in healthcare settings. You are therefore required to comply with the SVHA Staff Health Screening Immunisation Policy, which, depending on the role you perform in the organisation will require you to undergo mandatory immunisations/vaccinations (including flu vaccinations).
No Similar Jobs Found.