- : International Health and Medical Services
- : 04-Aug-2020
- : Perth WA 6000
- Contract starting 24th August 2020 until 10th December 2021 + possible extension (4 weeks on/off)
- Remote and challenging role supported by other health and medical professionals
- No Australian GP fellowship required
Opportunity for an experienced General Practitioner to work in our clinic based at Yongah Hill Immigration Centre in Northam, Western Australia.
The General Practitioner is a key member in the delivery of GP services to people in Immigration Detention in our facility at the Yongah Hill Immigration Centre in Northam. The Medical Officer must possess a strong mix of clinical expertise, people and stakeholder management skills.
To Be Considered You Must Have
- Full unconditional registration with AHPRA as a Medical Practitioner;
- Primary Care experience essential with experience in rural/remote setting and/or emergency care highly desirable, alternatively we will consider a medical officer with an interest in remote work;
- Strong leadership, business acumen and communication skills.
- Live in Australia or New Zealand and have work rights in Australia
International Health and Medical Services (IHMS) provides health care for people in immigration detention throughout Australia, We do this in line with Australian standards for health services and with the RACGP Standards for health services in Australian immigration detention centres.
We deliver these important services for people in immigration detention in a professional manner that is:
- Clinically appropriate;
- Without any form of discrimination;
- With appropriate dignity, humanity,
- cultural and gender sensitivity; and
- With respect for privacy and confidentiality.
- This position is subject to a current police check and requirement that medical officers hold or be willing to obtain a basic life support certificate or equivalent (completed in the last 12 months).
No Similar Jobs Found.