- FIFO contract starting asap until February 2021
- Flights and accommodation provided; flexible rotation lengths
- No Australian Fellowship required
- Hourly rate + Super + Allowances + Bonus + Annual leave
General Practitioner required to provide primary health care services to people in immigration detention in Christmas Island.
The General Practitioner will assess, diagnose and treat clients in immigration detention at the General Practice level. Key responsibilities:
- Provide immediate assessment, diagnosis and treatment
- Participate in induction, periodic and Fit to Travel medicals
- Participate in scheduled meetings
- Liaise with all parties involved in the medical management of clients
This position is a 38 hour working week with an on-call after hours component that is shared between the medical officers.
You will be supported by other health and medical professionals to provide primary health care.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
To be considered you must have:
- Full unconditional registration with AHPRA as a general Medical Practitioner;
- Primary Care experience essential with experience in rural/remote setting and/or emergency care highly desirable, alternatively we will consider a medical officer with an interest in remote work;
- Strong leadership, business acumen and communication skills.
- Strong mix of clinical expertise, people and stakeholder management skills.
- Live in Australia and have work rights in Australia
International Health and Medical Services (IHMS) provides healthcare for people currently in immigration detention throughout Australia. Our operations and healthcare services provided are in line with the Australian healthcare and RACGP standards for health services in Australian detention centres.
IHMS welcomes you to Apply if you feel you meet the selection criteria. Only suitable shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
No Similar Jobs Found.