- : International Health and Medical Services
- : 02-Nov-2020
- : Northam WA 6401
- Rotations available from Mid-November 2020 to December 2021 + potential extension
- FIFO; Flights and accommodation provided; flexible rotation lengths
- No Australian Fellowship required
The General Practitioner will assess, diagnose and treat clients in immigration detention at the General Practice level. Key responsibilities:
- Provide immediate assessment, diagnosis and treatment
- Participate in induction, periodic and Fit to Travel medicals
- Participate in scheduled meetings
- Liaise with all parties involved in the medical management of clients
This position is a 38 hour working week with an on-call after hours component that is shared between the medical officers. You will be supported by other health and medical professionals to provide primary health care.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Full unconditional registration with AHPRA as a general Medical Practitioner;
- Primary Care experience essential with experience in rural/remote setting and/or emergency care highly desirable, alternatively we will consider a medical officer with an interest in remote work;
- Strong leadership, business acumen and communication skills;
- Live in Australia and have work rights in Australia
International Health and Medical Services (IHMS) provides healthcare for people currently in immigration detention throughout Australia. Our operations and healthcare services provided are in line with the Australian healthcare and RACGP standards for health services in Australian detention centres.
No Similar Jobs Found.