GP VMO - Scottsdale
- : Ochre Medical Centre Scottsdale
- : 24-Jul-2019
- : Scottsdale TAS 7260
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Rural General Practitioner to join our expanding practice in Scottsdale. Our Medical Centre is a well equipped and purpose built practice facility. The building boasts 5 consulting rooms, a three-bay treatment room, a procedure room and on-site pathology. Operating hours are 8am-6pm Monday to Friday, with a Saturday clinic from 9am-11am. We are an AGPAL accredited practice.
Ochre Health Medical Centre Scottsdale works cooperatively with our satellite medical centre in Bridport, which is open 2 days a week. GPs at the practice also provide VMO support to the Scottsdale Hospital adjacent. The Scottsdale Hospital provides 19 acute care beds, an Outpatient and Emergency Service, low-risk maternity, physiotherapy, radiology and visiting services. The hospital also includes the James Scott Wing Nursing Home which has 30 residential aged care beds.
Just an hour’s drive from Launceston, Scottsdale is a picturesque town located amidst rolling green hills and rich pasture land. Close to local wineries, Scottsdale is the quintessential Tasmanian farming town, located in the island’s verdant northeast. With fertile soil and a mild climate, the region’s main industries are pine plantations, dairy and potato farming. Scottsdale is home to 2,500 people. Scottsdale is 35km from Blue Derby, Tasmania’s renowned mountain biking park, and is just 15km from Scottsdale is the world-famous attraction, the Bridstowe Estate Lavender Farm.
Just 20 minutes drive from Scottsdale is the coastal town of Bridport, which is home to Barnbougle Dune Golf Course, rated the number one public course in Australia. Bridport is also a great spot for river or sea fishing, and the Bridport Wildflower Reserve is worth a visit for a spectacular display of wildflowers.
- Exceptional earning potential – $300 – 350k a year
- RA3 location -30% reduction in your moratorium, a reduction from 10 years to 7 years
- Eligible for RVTS and the ACRRM independent pathway
- Eligible for Procedural Grants
- Eligible for GRIP payments as MMM5 location, up to $23,000 in your 5th year
- Car, accommodation and relocation assistance provided
- Practice is supported by visiting Allied Health, and Registered Nurses to assist with CDM, immunisations and women’s health
- Boost your income by supporting the VMO roster 1:4
- $1,020 Daily VMO rate
- DWS eligible location
- General Registration or Vocational Registration with AHPRA
- Proficient with common general practice conditions
- Current emergency medicine certificate (APLS, ELS etc.)
- Recent experience in an unsupervised setting if assisting with the VMO roster
- Previous experience as a Rural General Practitioner is highly desirable
To apply for this position or to discuss other opportunities with Ochre Health, please contact our national recruitment team on:
Email: recruitmentochrehealth.com.au | Telephone: +61 2 8356 3100
No Similar Jobs Found.