Imaging/Area Manager - HIS Canberra
- : Healthcare Imaging Services Pty Ltd
- : 10-Jun-2020
- : St Leonards NSW 2065
- Healthcare & Medicine
- Radiology / Sonography
- Permanent / Full Time
- Are you looking to progress in your imaging management career?
- Do you want a mixed clinical and operational role to utilise and grow your skill
- Would you like the opportunity to grow and develop a new and exciting culture?
Healthcare Imaging Services (HIS) currently operates over 140 imaging centres in Australia, performing more than 2.2 million examinations annually. HIS provides a full variety of imaging centres including public hospitals, private hospitals and community based centres and employs over 2,000 technical, nursing and administrative staff.
HIS is changing! The strength of our business is our people and this is an opportunity for you to join a business committed to its people, its referrers and the patients we serve each day. We are at the beginning of an exciting journey and we need motivated leaders to help us be the industry leader in service delivery and patient care through the empowerment of our people, embracing innovation and best practice.
We currently have an exciting position available for a focused Imaging Manager to join our well established medical imaging team in Canberra. The region includes a combination of National Capital Private Hospital and two well established medical centre based practices.
The right leader for this role will develop our people, provide best in industry patient care, referrer interactions and drive business innovation as well as having the ability to continue being on the tools as a clinical technician. Position is a 50/50 split between clinical and management.
Applications are welcome from individuals with a healthcare background and a demonstrated success of managing complex innovative multi-site organisations. If you are a healthcare operations expert or have a senior medical imaging background looking for the next step and you are passionate about developing a culture that values service excellence; then this is the role for you.
Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Continuing to provide clinical services as a technician 2-3 days per week.
- Full P&L Management of a group of Medical Imaging centres
- Leadership of all clinical technical and administrative staff for the designated region.
- Budgeting/planning for capital expenditure and capital works
- Engage with Specialist doctors such as Radiologists and key leadership team members
- Co-ordination of IT support for sites where/when required
- Involved in the assessment and planning of equipment upgrades/replacement
- Oversee and monitor monthly stock ordering from all sites
- Co-ordinate Human Resources appointments in consultation with the Human Resources and Senior Management team
- Conduct staff meetings including disciplinary meetings and performance reviews
- Regular review of fortnightly and monthly Revenue figures, and follow up reviews with key Head staff
- University or equivalent qualification in a healthcare related discipline and/or demonstrable experience in managing businesses of similar scale and complexity.
- Radiographer or Ultrasound background accompanied with the appropriate registrations
- A current Driver’s License
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of the requirements of diagnostic imaging in the care of patients, their visitors and carers and to colleagues
- Ability to work and build a multidisciplinary team and manage a professional team environment
- Ability to manage multiple sites as well as lead and direct staff
- Demonstrate understanding of patient care and service delivery standards
- Ability to problem solve and resolve issues in a complex environment
- Be team focused have an ability to establish and build quality relationships with mutually beneficial ideas
- Ability to work autonomously
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Demonstrated understanding of WHS practices
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Working with Children compliance
- Valid Working Visa
If you value collaboration, innovation, service excellence, integrity and accountability then join us and together we will improve the quality of our patients’ lives through innovation excellence in medical imaging, please apply!
No Similar Jobs Found.