Locum Dermatology Staff Specialist
HealthcareLink are looking for Dermatology Staff Specialist experience. If you are seeking a wonderful opportunity where you can work and explore rural QLD check out this locum opportunity!
- Become part of a clinical outreach service based in, and with strong links to, the Emergency Department. The experienced Multi-disciplinary Team (MDT) provides effective and high-quality care to patients in their own home.
- Referral to the service, from ED and inpatient wards, is based on a specific group of conditions appropriate for home treatment. You will be responsible for medical decisions within your supportive, integrated team and also contribute to ED quality activities. This service has been highly successful and functional over a long period of time due to the experience and teamwork of the members.
- The day starts with the opportunity to catch up face to face with the nursing team leader for a full handover of the HITH ward. There is then ample time to check the patient records, recent pathology and microbiology results and adjust treatment accordingly, whilst the team of nurses begin their home visits.
- Many of the patients are managed without complications, using a “criteria led discharge” pathway, which the experienced HITH nurses are competent at following. Nurses will contact the HITH clinician if there are any variances to this, or any acute concerns. The HITH clinician can then listen to these concerns and act on them either following a discussion with the nurse, a discussion over the phone with the patient, or very occasionally with a home visit to the patient, where they will be accompanied by the HITH nurse. Outpatient investigations can be accessed very easily by Sullivan Nicolaides pathology and Queensland Xray. Again, the HITH nurses assist in arranging these tests and getting patients to their appointments.
- Support is provided to HITH by our ID/microbiology teams for all patients on antibiotics when required.
- During the after hours, on-call component of the shift, the HITH Doctor is very rarely disturbed. Most issues can be dealt with simply over the phone (e.g. prescription change), or can wait until the following day. If however a patient does require an in-person review, this can usually be accommodated within the ED, by one of the ED clinicians following a phone call to the ED with an outline of the concern.
Dates: 28-11-2022 to 06-01-2023
Rates: High Renumeration
Hours: 8 hours per day
For applicants to be considered the following must be supplied:
2 x References
Australian Criminal Record Screening and AHPRA Registration
Valid working rights in Australia.