Locum General Practitioner (GP)- Bowen
- : Health Workforce Queensland
- : 17-Jun-2020
- : Bowen QLD 4805
Proposed Commencement Date:
15th - 26th June 2020
10th - 21st August 2020
Bowen is a seaside country town with 7 beaches, great outdoors lifestyle and is situated at the top of the Whitsundays, just 45 mins from Airlie Beach and Proserpine. We are located 2 hours from Townsville to the north and Mackay to the South. It has sailing, snorkelling/diving and fishing on the Great Barrier Reef, a nine-hole golf course along the beachfront, as well as many recreational activities available in the community such as cycling, bushwalking, fossicking, arts and crafts and most sports. Bowen is a very friendly town, with aspirations to become the festival capital of Australia and you will easily settle into the community. The lifestyle is very low stress and laid back.
The Medical Centre is a private medical practice owned by the Girudala Community Co-Operative Society (www.girudala.com.au) which is a local indigenous community organization that also runs a housing co-operative and many health, family support and employment projects. The centre will run as a mixed fee for service and bulk billing practice with a focus on preventative health care and management of chronic illness. It has been operating from July 2010 and is open to the whole community.
The Centre has 2 consulting rooms, a procedure room, tea room and 2 areas for visiting allied health specialists on the main street on Bowen. On staff are a 2 x Practice Nurse, Trainee Aboriginal Health Worker, Practice Manager and a Receptionist. The centre is situated in a duplex setting with a private dental practice as a neighbour.
After Hours requirements: Nil
You will be seeing some Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander clients, utilising the Close the Gap Initiative for Indigenous Health including the Practice Incentive Program (PIP) and PBS Co-Payment Scheme. We would like our staff to be community minded and support the community not for profit sector. We would also like staff to possess a healthy appreciation of and commit to utilise chronic disease prevention and management community health programs on offer in community.
You will see approximately 25+ patients per day approx.
* $6,000 per week ($1,200 per day) can be negotiated.
* We are a sole practice, so it does get quite busy as you will be the only GP in the practice
* You will not be required to be on call
* Your hours of work would be:
o Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday: 8:00am - 5:00pm, closing for lunch hour 12:30 - 1:30pm
o Thursday & Friday: 7:00am - 3:00pm, lunch hour: 12:00am - 1:00pm
* We use Medical Director and Pracsoft 3.17.3 at our practice. We would prefer that the doctor to be familiar with this computer software.
* We are General Practice, not an AMS, but we do focus on Indigenous Health. We would like the doctor to be familiar or willing to learn and perform Health Checks (Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander, 4yro, 45-49 & 75+) and Care Plans
* The General Practitioner will be expected to perform Pap Smears if our EN is away (our Enrolled Nurse - Karen, is trained to complete pap smears under the GP's direction).
* The General Practitioner will need General Registration as we cannot provide supervision.
* Surgery Vehicle is provided for GP to use
* Accommodation (2 Brm Unit) & Flights (within Australia only) will be paid for the GP only.
* You will need to visit the nursing homes (if required, usually booked during the day, we have no patients at the moment) or complete a home visit for our regular patient if requested (home visits are at the Dr's discretion)
* Locum GP's will be picked up from the Proserpine-Whitsunday Airport
Please apply today for further information
No Similar Jobs Found.