Mental Health Clinician , Australia
- : Lives Lived Well
- : 13-Oct-2020
- : Southport QLD 4215
Be a part of one of the leading youth support programs in QLD
Part time (4 days per week), ongoing position
Receive additional Wellbeing holidays per year & Salary Packaging
About the Role
We are looking for a passionate and energetic Mental Health Clinician with experience in working with young people to join our headspace Southport team.
The Mental Health Clinician is a key role that effectively engages, screens, assesses, refers and provides brief interventions whilst also coordinating care for young people who either contact or are referred to headspace Southport. This role works within a multi-disciplinary team of health professionals utilising a bio-psycho-social framework of service provision. In this role you will:
- Manage a case load of clients, providing therapeutic interventions to clients with mild to moderate mental health presentations
- Relate to young people in a manner which is relevant and appropriate to their developmental and cognitive level of functioning and provide services in a youth friendly manner.
- Conduct bio-psycho-social intakes of young people presenting to the service
- Refer young people as appropriate and provide follow up support
The role is part time, 30.4 hours per week (4 days) based at headspace Southport and will be provided with great support from a Team Leader and collaborative team.
The base salary range for this role is $32.89 – $36.06 per hour + super (9.5%) + salary packaging (increase take home pay by $6,000 per annum).
View the position description for further information.
The successful candidate will need:
- Qualifications in either Social Work, Psychology, Occupational Therapy or Mental Health Nursing.
- Current Registration in AHPRA or AASW.
- Minimum of 12 months experience working in the mental health field.
- Knowledge of mental health, evidence-based interventions, and clinical practice.
- Demonstrated excellence in the practical application of mental health, alcohol and drug use.
- Hold a Working with Children Check (e.g. Blue Card)
- Current Australian Drivers Licence
No Similar Jobs Found.