Mental Health Nurse - Townsville
- : Health Workforce Queensland
- : 16-Jul-2020
- : Townsville QLD 4810
Mental Health Nurse vacancies in Townsville, QLD.
About the organisation
Leaders in the delivery of community based mental health, aged care, allied health, wellbeing, disability and outreach services in remote Australia since 1993, the organisations harnesses the diversity, energy and professionalism of a large team of multidisciplinary health care professionals delivering comprehensive healthcare services in remote and Indigenous Communities across Australia.
This dynamic and evolving organisation continues to break new ground in the provision of direct health services and preventative health programs and is a leading advocate for rural and remote health care.
Due to recently secured funding, this organisation is seeking credentialed Mental Health Nurses to join their team in Townsville, QLD, on a full-time, part-time, casual or contract basis to suit to your lifestyle.
Reporting to the Mental Health Nurse Team Leader, this role will see you providing evidence-based mental health nursing services to people with severe or complex mental health needs.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Being part of a productive and collaborative multidisciplinary team; having the ability to work autonomously, and taking initiative in areas of client care, quality improvement and clinical excellence;
- Implementing Mental Health care plans, completing and reviewing recovery plans within a "person centred" framework;
- Utilising electronic patient databases to record and document all activities in accordance with best practice standards;
- Developing strong working relationships with GPs, service providers, and other stakeholders; and
- Utilising an evidence-based approach, for example, completing pre- and post-test clinical screening tools, surveys and assessments to guide practice, clinical outcomes and client satisfaction.
Who are we looking for?
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- AHPRA registration as a Registered Nurse;
- To be currently credentialed with the Australian College of Mental Health Nurses or be able to promptly obtain;
- A demonstrated understanding of local health issues and the Stepped Care Model of mental health services;
- High-level written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to work with people of diverse cultural backgrounds; and
- Strong computer literacy, particularly in Microsoft Office Suite, with skills in electronic patient databases and minimum data sets.
Why you'll love working with this organisation
They are one of the largest health service providers in the state, servicing 1/3 of Queensland. You'll be joining a vibrant, multi-disciplinary team who have come from across Australia, with a mix of experiences and specialties.
In return for your hard work and dedication, you'll receive an excellent remuneration package, comprising of a base salary ranging from $80,000 - $104,000, commensurate with your experience and qualifications, plus super, up to $15,900 salary sacrificing, 5 weeks annual leave, and annual leave loading at 17.5% or a competitive hourly rate for contractors.
They will also negotiate relocation assistance for the right candidate.
Living and working in Townsville offers many lifestyle benefits associated with North Queensland. Great schools, recreational activities, James Cook University and only a stone's throw from the beautiful Magnetic Island!
- You must have the right to live and work in Australia to be considered for this role;
- A current, unrestricted Driver's License is essential; and
- All final applicants for this position will be asked to consent to a criminal record check.
No Similar Jobs Found.