Occupational Therapist (1921)
- : LiveBetter Community Services
- : 02-Jun-2020
- : Orange NSW 2800
- Fixed term full-time or part-time role as part of our dedicated & passionate clinical services team.
- Take advantage of work / life balance, with flexible working arrangements to be discussed with our successful candidate.
- Location? You choose – these rewarding roles can be based from one of our many Central Queensland locations including Emerald, Rockhampton, Gladstone or Biloela.
LiveBetter are a regionally based Community Services provider operating across NSW & QLD. Following the amalgamation of many organisations we are focusing on the consolidation of our capabilities to ensure that our operational teams are best equipped to provide quality services to the people we support in our communities. So, what can we offer you?
- Support! – Backing from an experienced and professional clinical services team.
- Job Satisfaction! – Love your job and be part of the great things we do in our communities.
- $$$ - Take advantage of great salary packaging benefits.
- Opportunity! – Access to our online training platform and further career progression.
About the role
The Occupational Therapist works with the LiveBetter clinical services team professionals to support service delivery to customers with complex needs and functional difficulties including children and adults. Some key accountabilities of the role include:
- Assess physical, functional, vocational and living skills and participate in the development of individual client plans and programs
- Train personnel, carers and others in the implementation of individual client programs
- Monitor, review and evaluate customer progress and adjust programs accordingly.
- Assess client environments and make recommendations for modifications and improvements to meet individual customer needs; assist in the implementation of these changes
- Advocate for customers with functional difficulties and support initiatives to overcome barriers to functioning and inclusion
- Manage a caseload of customers, taking into account priority cases, waiting lists, referral and discharge.
- Participate in case reviews of customers with complex needs.
- Maintain customer case notes and reports and communicate with stakeholders in order to obtain best outcomes.
- Participate in Clinical Supervision, Communities of Practice and Professional Development.
We would love to hear from you if you are a professional and caring person who is prepared to embrace our values of Integrity, Respect, Cooperation, Empowerment and Excellence in your day to day work life. To convince us that you are the best person for the job, please tell us how you meet the following selection criteria:
- Recognised degree in Occupational Therapy and current registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Authority (AHPRA)
- Experience in working with diverse clients including people with a disability, children and adults in the role of Occupational Therapist.
- Demonstrated experience providing Occupational Therapy assessments for home modifications.
- Person centred approach to working with clients and their support networks.
- Previous experience in individual training and development for clients.
- Drivers licence and the ability to travel as required.
- Literacy and IT skills for reporting and communicating internally and externally according to the requirements of the position.
- Ability to manage and prioritise work and deal with competing work demands.
- Capacity to work with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Experience working in community settings.
- Experience in provision of services within the NDIS and Aged Care.
- Experience working closely a multi-disciplinary team.
- Strong human rights and social justice agenda.
For detailed information about this role please refer to the position description on our website (SEEK candidates click apply and you will be directed to our website).
You will also be required to undertake and pass a National Criminal History Check, obtain a Qld Blue Card and undertake and pass a pre-employment health & wellness check including drug and alcohol screening.
Sounds great? What next?
To convince us that you are the best person for the job, please provide a cover letter that addresses each of the above-mentioned selection criteria and an up to date copy of your resume.
- Junior Occupational Therapist
- Posted By: Super Rehab Sydney
- Posted Date: 2020-07-04
- Location:Petersham NSW 2049
- We have a position available for an Occupational Therapist to join our team who is passionate about ...
- Occupational Therapist (Open to New Graduate and E...
- Posted By: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Posted Date: 2020-07-03
- Location:Hervey Bay & Fraser Coast QLD
- Who we are Sound Solutions Therapy Services is a vibrant private practice, with offices in both F...
- Occupational Therapist - North Lakes
- Posted By: Youthrive
- Posted Date: 2020-07-02
- Location:North Lakes QLD 4509
- About the role We are looking for an experienced Occupational Therapist to join our high-performi...
- Occupational Therapist - Ocean Star Village
- Posted By: Catholic Homes
- Posted Date: 2020-07-01
- Location:Bunbury WA 6230
- Permanent part-time position (4 days per week) Competitive salary plus superannuation Generou...