Occupational Therapist Gr2 - Short Term
- : Melbourne Health
- : 21-Oct-2020
- : All Melbourne VIC
- Broadmeadows Aged Persons Mental Health Unit
- Short term OT Cover - 8 week contract
- Part time 0.6 - 0.8EFT negotiable
Life With Us:
This 8 week short term contract will provide Occupational Therapy cover at the Broadmeadows Aged Persons Mental Health Unit.
The Aged Persons Mental Health Program provides information, support and specialist mental health services to older people aged 65+ years. A multi-site mental health service that values its workforce, we strive to provide recovery oriented, compassionate and person centred care.
Broadmeadows Aged Persons Mental Health Unit is a 19 bed inpatient unit that provides assessment and treatment to people aged 65+years during an acute phase of mental illness.
A Job To Be Proud Of:
- Provide occupational therapy assessments and interventions
- Facilitate group program
- Work closely with multidisciplinary team, sharing your clinical expertise
- Provide recovery oriented, person centred support to consumers and their families/carers and support timely discharge from unit
- Qualification in Occupational Therapy and registration with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with consumers, families/carers, colleagues and other service providers
- Ability to quickly adapt to inpatient environment to meet the occupational therapy needs of consumer
Our Commitment to You:
- We are a values based organisation, a career with us is a rewarding experience offering great prospects for career diversity and professional advancement
- Working in a supportive and positive environment
- A rewarding experience offering valuable career diversity and development
No Similar Jobs Found.