Occupational Therapist - Grade 2 Casual
- : St Vincent’s Hospital Melbourne
- : 10-Oct-2020
- : Fitzroy VIC 3065
- Grade 2 Occupational Therapy role – Weekday Casual Position
- Negotiable start and finish times - flexibility to work with family/external commitments
- Excellent employee benefits
- Friendly, supportive team environment in a great location
St Vincent’s Private Hospital Melbourne (SVPHM) is a facility of St Vincent’s Health Australia under the stewardship of Mary Aikenhead Ministries. We are a not for profit Catholic private hospital which operates across four sites at Fitzroy, East Melbourne, Kew and Werribee.
St Vincent's Private Hospital Fitzroy is a centrally located, large, private hospital facility. We are seeking an enthusiastic and motivated Occupational Therapist with experience in the acute inpatient setting to join our Occupational Therapy team. The successful candidate will be required to cover weekday shifts on a casual basis, shift length and start/finish time flexibility may be negotiated to accommodate out of work commitments.
This role will include management of a diverse clinical caseload across neurosciences, orthopaedics, cardiac and thoracic surgery, general surgery, general medicine and oncology. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work as part of an experienced multi-disciplinary team, to provide high quality, patient centred care.
Responsibilities will include (but will not be limited to):
- Effective management of a busy and diverse clinical caseload
- Prioritisation and workload allocation
- Discharge planning, as part of the multidisciplinary team
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience in the acute inpatient setting
- Registration as an Occupational Therapist with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (APHRA).
- An ability to work independently and competently across the acute care service
- A commitment to high quality patient care
- Well-developed communication skills, and demonstrated experience working as part of an effective team
A supportive and friendly atmosphere, salary packaging (increase your take home pay), ongoing education support, comprehensive orientation, uniform, discounted car parking and easy access to public transport. Competitive annual salary and conditions.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity, ethical practices, the principles of cultural diversity and promote a smoke free work environment.
At SVPHM we acknowledge the importance of creating a work environment that is welcoming, safe, equitable and inclusive for Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Employees. As part of SVHA’s Commitment to the federal government employment parity initiative we encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples.
St Vincent’s Private Melbourne is a facility of St Vincent’s Health Australia under the stewardship of Mary Aikenhead Ministries. We are a not for profit Catholic private hospital which operates across four sites at Fitzroy, East Melbourne, Kew and Werribee.
No Similar Jobs Found.