Occupational Therapist - Ocean Star Village
- : Catholic Homes
- : 01-Aug-2020
- : Bunbury WA 6230
- Permanent part-time position (4 days per week)
- Competitive salary plus superannuation
- Generous salary packaging options available
About the role
Catholic Homes has an opportunity for an Occupational Therapist to join Ocean Star Village on a permanent part-time basis.
This position is responsible for the development, implementation and evaluation of lifestyle programs for Ocean Star residents, in line with Catholic Homes' Care with Purpose model. This role is also responsible for provision of training and support to Occupational Therapy Assistants as required.
The successful candidate will be working minimum four days per week. Ongoing support will be provided by the Facility Manager, on-site Clinical Nurse and the Care team. Ongoing training and skill development will also be provided.
To be successful in this role you will have/be:
- Bachelor of Science (Occupational Therapy) and a current registration with the Occupational Therapist Registration board of WA
- Previous experience working in an aged care environment (desirable)
- Experience in effective supervision and the change process
- Knowledge of the Aged Care Quality Standards and the range and types of services available to the elderly
- Excellent time management, organisational and communication skills
- Knowledge of the Montessori Principles and the 'Care with Purpose' model (desirable)
- Able to work cooperatively in a team environment and autonomously with minimal supervision
- Willingness to learn and maintain professional development
- Located in Bunbury or surrounding area
No Similar Jobs Found.