- : Scope
- : 19-May-2020
- : Geelong & Great Ocean Road VIC
Scope’s mission is to enable each person to live as an empowered and equal citizen. We support people with physical, intellectual and multiple disabilities and developmental delays to achieve their goals. Across Victoria, Scope provides services to thousands of people with a disability in more than 100 service locations.
Scope is a registered provider under the NDIS and delivers a range of services including supported independent living, short term accommodation (respite), lifestyle options and therapy.
Scope was recently named on the Australian Financial Review’s 'Top 100 Most Innovative Companies' in Australia and New Zealand.
About The Role
- Provide intervention and treatment to customers in the following areas - Autism Spectrum Disorder, Global Developmental Delay, Sensory Processing, Gross and Fine motor control, Self Care, Emotional Regulation, Behaviour Management, Intellectual Disability, physical disabilities; equipment assessment and prescription; home assessments.
- Provide evidence-based interventions to customers who are experiencing learning, language, sensory, intellectual, physical and cognitive difficulties.
- Opportunities for innovative group program development
- Emphasize parent/teacher/carer education and capacity-building to nurture change
- Collaborate with a growing team of Speech Pathologists, Physiotherapists, and Occupational Therapists to provide holistic care for customers
- Work within a range of funding models, including NDIS
- This position is based Geelong
- You have excellent communication skills - and are a good listener
- You are passionate helping people and providing customers and their families
- You enjoy the support of working as part of a multidisciplinary team, but you are also happy when working autonomously
- You are an experienced clinician and have relevant experience in disability and/or paediatric services
- You have excellent organisational and time-management skills
To be considered for this role, you must provide the following:
- Current Driver’s License and your own vehicle
- Satisfactory Working With Children's Check (Employee)
- Registered with AHPRA
- Satisfactory National Police Check for 'Employment in Disability' (no more than twelve months old)
Scope as an Employer
Successful candidates will enjoy a range of staff benefits including flexibility to suit your work-life balance, continuous development and training, competitive remuneration and salary packaging, purchased annual leave scheme and a locally based, friendly team environment. You will also get the unique chance to work for a highly respected organisation that is seeing the biggest change to the disability sector with the roll out of the NDIS.
By submitting a job application, prospective applicants are consenting to their details being checked against the Department of Health & Human Services, Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme List.
If you have lived or worked for a continuous period of 12 months or more in another country within the last 10 years, a certified International Police Check from that country or countries will also be required.
No Similar Jobs Found.