- : Bluecare
- : 23-Jul-2020
- : Queensland QLD
- Rewarding part time role in the community
- Townsville location where no 2 days are the same!
- $32.88 - $40.03 per hour (FTE $64,975 - $79,102) + 9.5% Super + Not for Profit Salary Packaging
We’re seeking a passionate and talented Occupational Therapist to join our team in Townsville!
You’ll provide person – centred functional and environmental assessments and interventions to promote independence and quality of life. Working within our client’s home, you’ll have the opportunity to offer specialised equipment and pressure care strategies.
A challenging but diverse and rewarding role, you’ll be:
- Managing a wide variety of client presentations across many funding areas including Home care packages, DVA, TCP, NDIS, Commonwealth Home Support Program, and Residential.
- Providing long and short term rehabilitation and group programs eg Parkinson’s disease and Falls prevention groups.
- Providing simple and complex equipment prescription, and major and minor home modifications
- Liaising with healthcare professionals, such as GPs, nurses and occupational therapists to ensure care plans are formulated and monitored
What you’ll need:
You’ll be passionate about providing exceptional clinical treatment and therapies designed to enable your clients to maintain and improve their independence. You’ll present with:
- Tertiary Qualifications and current AHPRA registration
- Previous experience within an Aged Care or Acute setting
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to build great relationships
- Effective time-management and proven clinical problem-solving skills
- Current Australian Drivers Licence and a road worthy vehicle with comprehensive insurance as required
Supporting you to support others.
We’ve been caring for Queenslander’s for over 65 years. Whether we’re on the road, in people’s homes or in our centres, everything our dedicated team of more than 8,000 people do is built on enabling independence, choice and freedom. We’re proudly not-for-profit and offer you:
- Access to salary packaging & meal and entertainment benefits
- Flexible work arrangements to support work-life balance
- Employee assistance, health & wellness programs
- Values-based culture & rewards and recognition
- Ongoing learning & development
Ready to work together?
Our application process takes less than 15 minutes – Click the ‘APPLY’ button below to be taken to our online application process and upload your resume and cover letter.
Our team are available to answer any questions you may have. We’ll do our best to get back to you 2 weeks from the closing date.
Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic and the government aged care directions regarding the requirement for an employee in a residential aged care facility to have a current influenza vaccination, many of the independent living units and other services we are engaged to support require the employee to be vaccinated against influenza. As such, it is preferred that the successful candidate has a current influenza vaccination.
We work hard to make our services welcoming and safe for every person. We are united in keeping children, young people and the elderly safe from harm, within our services, workplaces and the communities we support. We are committed to speaking up loudly for their safety.
Through our values UnitingCare are proud of our teams diversity, we believe in the strength of a diverse and inclusive workforce to help us achieve the best outcomes for the communities in which we operate and serve. We highly encourage applications from people who identify as a part of the Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Community.
Desirable: Do you hold current AHPRA registration?
Desirable: Do you hold a current Australian Drivers Licence and have access to a roadworthy passenger vehicle that is insured for work purposes?
Desirable: Do you have full Australian working entitlements as an Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident OR New Zealand Citizen?
Desirable: If you don’t have full working entitlements, do you have a current working Visa? Please list your visa, for example: Bridging Visa, Regional Sponsorship Visa etc.
Desirable: If you are successful for this role, you may be required to undergo a series of pre-employment checks, that may include your Right to Work in Australia, Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check and a Health Screening Questionnaire. Do you consent to this?
Desirable: Do you have a current influenza vaccination?
- FT Occupational Therapist wanted in South Coast, N...
- Posted By: HealthcareLink On-Demand
- Posted Date: 2020-08-05
- Location:Batemans Bay NSW 2536
- Relocation assistance, travel allowance, CPD
- Junior Occupational Therapist
- Posted By: Super Rehab Sydney
- Posted Date: 2020-08-04
- Location:Petersham NSW 2049
- We have a position available for an Occupational Therapist to join our team who is passionate about ...
- Occupational Therapist - North Lakes
- Posted By: Youthrive
- Posted Date: 2020-08-02
- Location:North Lakes QLD 4509
- About the role We are looking for an experienced Occupational Therapist to join our high-performi...
- Occupational Therapist - Ocean Star Village
- Posted By: Catholic Homes
- Posted Date: 2020-08-01
- Location:Bunbury WA 6230
- Permanent part-time position (4 days per week) Competitive salary plus superannuation Generou...