- : Vision Australia
- : 29-Sep-2020
- : Orange NSW 2800
- Permanent Full Time Opportunity
- Flexible Working Arrangements
- $81,000 to $86,000 + Super + Salary Packaging
Do you want to make a difference and become a part of a team that supports a future where people who are blind or have low vision can live an independent life they choose?
If so, then this might be the perfect role for you!
Vision Australia is a leading national provider of blindness and low vision services in Australia. We work in partnership with Australians who are blind or who have low vision to achieve the possibilities they choose in life.
About Who We Support
Vision Australia provides services to more than 25,500 people clients from 35 Vision Australia centres in Victoria, New South Wales, the Australian Capital Territory, Queensland, South Australia and Western Australia; and through outreach programs in the Northern Territory and Tasmania.
About The Role
- Plan, develop, and deliver Access Technology training to clients either individually or in small groups, in a variety of formats and environments including workplaces, homes and vision Australia centres. Training may be delivered face to face, over the phone or via video conference and other remote technologies;
- Conduct technology needs assessments in a variety of situations and environments including schools, homes, and workplaces;
- In consultation with clients and their families plan, develop, deliver and evaluate individual or group specialised services as per their needs identified throughout the assessment process;
- Assess the client's capacity to independently participate in activities of daily living (self-care), and instrumental activities of daily living including home and community activities, learning and education, employment, play and recreation.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A degree in Occupational Therapy is essential along with a current registration with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA). In addition, a degree level qualification relevant to the delivery of Access Technology services and/or extensive experience in the provision of technology support and training for people that are blind or have low vision is desirable;
- Demonstrated relevant experience in delivery of person centred services in a transdisciplinary model;
- A working knowledge of a range of access technologies including screen access technology, print access technology including magnification equipment and Braille equipment;
- Experience in providing client support and OT services in person and/or through other communication mediums;
- Ability to work alone and as part of a remote workforce.
Benefits Of Working At Vision Australia
- Generous salary packaging options
- Flexible working arrangements
- Exceptional professional development opportunities
No Similar Jobs Found.