- : DPV Health
- : 15-Oct-2020
- : All Melbourne VIC
Your New Organisation
DPV Health is a leading healthcare services provider operating out of Melbourne’s northern growth corridor. Our professional staff deliver a wide variety of clinical, community health and wellbeing services.
At DPV Health we pride ourselves on being inclusive and celebrating the diversity of all people within our communities. We are passionate about supporting people to lead happy healthy lives. We are dedicated to working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people with disabilities, LGBTIQ, and newly arrived communities.
A little about the role
We provide client-centred, strength based services to children and adolescents from birth to 18 year old with a disability or developmental delay. We value the importance of transdisciplinary/ multidisciplinary model of practice. Your day to day responsibility will include
- Providing a high quality evidence based Early Childhood Intervention and Paediatric Occupational Therapy Service that is co-designed with the family, meeting the needs of the children and families in a manner which respects the rights and confidentiality of the child and their family.
- Embracing innovation and responsiveness
- Working in partnership and collaboration with all those associated with the child/family to provide timely and developmentally appropriate services using a Team around the Child Approach.
- Maintaining communication with all authorised key stakeholders relevant to a child and family’s team. These stakeholders will include the family, other DH ECIS staff and community team member’s e.g. Preschool and child care staff
You will have substantial experience and interest as a paediatric occupational therapist with evidence of successful team development and growth. You will also come with:
- Bachelor or Masters of Occupational Therapy from a recognised university.
- Current unconditional registration as an Occupational Therapist with Health Professionals Registration Agency (AHPRA).
- Ability to work with children from 0-12 years old.
- Experienced in Early Childhood Intervention Services/Paediatric Occupational Therapy (play based model)
- Well-developed clinical skills in Paediatric Occupational Therapy and demonstrated ability to support a coordinated approach by working with a range of stakeholders to improve health outcomes as agreed with clients.
- Reliable interpersonal skills and the ability to form a working relationship with a variety of families with young children with developmental disabilities, staff, colleagues and staff employed in community early childhood settings.
- Current credentialing with State Wide Equipment Program (SWEP) or to be eligible for SWEP credentialing.
- Demonstrated awareness of transdisciplinary practice approach.
- Demonstrated understanding of family centred practice and strength based approach.
About the perks
- Salary Packaging – part of your wage is paid tax free each pay, saving thousands in tax each year!
- Work-Life Balance – we understand that work-life balance is important and accommodate flexibility for team members wherever possible.
- Health and Wellbeing – we promote health and wellbeing for our people, just like we would for the communities we serve. We provide flu vaccinations on site and free, confidential counselling services are available just to name a few.
- Professional Development – with access to modern, digital eLearning you’ll have flexibility of course timing with access to shorter, more customized content. Accompanied by face to face training, your continual professional development is always top of our priority list.
The fine print
- Applications close 27th October 2020
- Successful candidates will be required to undergo a National Police Check, hold a valid WWCC and Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme Check
- Full driver's license and travel between sites required
If this role sounds like you, we would love to hear from you. Click Apply now!
DPV Health is a leading healthcare services provider operating out of Melbourne’s northern growth corridor. We deliver a wide variety of clinical, community health and wellbeing services.
At DPV Health we strive ourselves on being inclusive and celebrating the diversity of all people within our communities. We are passionate about helping to support people to lead happy healthy lives. We are dedicated to working with people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds, people with a disability, our LGBTIQ+ community, and people from migrant or refugee backgrounds.
No Similar Jobs Found.