- : HealthcareLink Employer
- : 21-Oct-2020
- : Wollongong NSW 2500
- 12 Month Temporary Part Time Position (4 days per week)
- Wollongong Location
- $81,000 to $86,000 Pro Rata + Super + Salary Packaging
Do you want to make a difference and become a part of a team that supports a future where people who are blind or have low vision can live an independent life they choose?
If so, then this might be the perfect role for you!
The employer is a leading national provider of blindness and low vision services in Australia. We work in partnership with Australians who are blind or who have low vision to achieve the possibilities they choose in life.
About who we support
The employer provides services to more than 25,500 people clients from 35 The employer centres in Victoria, New South Wales, the Australian Capital Territory, Queensland, South Australia and Western Australia; and through outreach programs in the Northern Territory and Tasmania.
About the role
- In consultation with clients and their families, plan, develop, deliver and evaluate individual or group specialised services in line with clients needs identified throughout the assessment process;
- Assess the client's capacity to independently participate in activities of daily living, including self-care skills, learning and education, and play and recreation;
- Provide both individual and group OT training/intervention programs to achieve maximum independence and participation in activities appropriate to the client’s developmental level;
- Assess and train clients in the use of assistive devices and equipment to enhance access to developmentally appropriate activities.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Qualification in Occupational Therapy (OT);
- Current registration with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA);
- Knowledge and skills in working with children, adults and older adults;
- Experience in providing client support and OT services in person and/or through other communication mediums.
Benefits of working at The employer
- Generous salary packaging options
- Flexible working arrangements
- Exciting career paths
- Exceptional professional development opportunities
No Similar Jobs Found.