OT wanted near Gosford, NSW
Job Title: Full time Occupational Therapist wanted near Gosford, NSW -Private Practice Role
Working hours: 38 hours / Week
Location: Near Gosford , NSW ( 15 minutes drive from Gosford)
Salary: Up to 100K (Depending on experience)
About The role:
- You will be responsible for providing early intensive therapy as well as occupational therapy services and other developmental or learning needs to clients and support their families.
- This position’s objective is to work towards the provision of high level, quality Occupational Therapy services within the Occupational Therapy team.
- The Occupational Therapist will strive to make a difference to people’s lives by providing families with opportunities to ensure their child can learn, develop, participate and thrive.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with referral partners, relevant external agencies and suppliers for the business.
- Ensure to create trusting relationships with clients.
- Provide high quality customer service to clients and external stakeholders.
- Respect confidentiality and privacy of practitioners, directors, staff and clients at all times.
- Maintain a cooperative team environment by communicating openly and in a friendly manner.
- Working efficiently and amicably with all members of the clinic.
- Provide Occupational Therapy to clients within the program models.
- Plan and implement individual and group treatment programs, including therapy assistant programs and multi-disciplinary services.
- Demonstrate a commitment to best practice principles in the delivery of Occupational Therapy services.
- Administer Occupational Therapy assessments and develop and implement therapy plans for any Occupational Therapy referrals.
- Monitor, evaluate and review progress and therapy plans
- Undertake appropriate professional development, including self-reflection
- Work collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary team to provide family centred therapy programs
- Liaise with referral sources and other key service providers as required
- Learn and administer early intervention therapy following the principles.
- Administer occupational therapy assessments, develop and implement therapy plans, under supervision as required.
- Monitor, evaluate and review progress and therapy plans.
- Develop resources to support the programmes
- Undertake appropriate professional development, including self-reflection.
- Work collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary team to provide holistic therapy programs
- If required, undertake research into case studies and examples
- Commitment to meeting client and organisational expectations.
- Adopt and embrace the company’s values and philosophy
- Ensure the environment is kept in a safe and hygienic state at all times.
- Commitment to work as an effective team member
- Promote the company and its interests to the local and wider community
- Ensure all communication is completed in a professional and polite manner, to all internal and external stakeholders.
- The role will lead and further expand the OT department nationwide, assist in recruiting more OT’s, develop OT procedures manual, and help assist with professional development of the more junior OT’s.
Skills and experience:
- Minimum 2 years of experience preferred, although negotiable for the right candidate. New graduates can also apply.
- Specific skills required in management of fine motor development, sensory processing, visual perception and motor planning skills.
- Demonstrated time management and organisational skills and the ability to coordinate an assigned caseload.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in an interdisciplinary team and provide patient centred Practice.
- Punctual, reliable and committed
- Clear, personable and professional communication, both written and spoken.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Professional communication style to all internal and external stakeholders.
- Good computer skills required for the company practice management software.
- Ability to work within a team and autonomously
- Ability to follow direction and take initiative
- AHPRA Registered
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy or equivalent
- Current Driver’s License and own transport
- Working with Children Check
- National Police Clearance
- Graduate Occupational Therapist- Mental Health
- Posted By: Monash Health
- Posted Date: 2021-12-08
- Location:Clayton VIC 3168
- Begin and grow your occupational therapy career in mental health with us Supervision, mentorshi...
- Occupational Therapist
- Posted By: BaptistCare
- Posted Date: 2021-12-08
- Location:Macquarie Park NSW 2113
- Key benefits: Work from home and enjoy flexible working arrangements Competitive salary and ...
- FT/PT Occupational Therapist - Aged care - North B...
- Posted By: HealthcareLink On-Demand
- Posted Date: 2021-12-07
- Location:Rothwell QLD 4022
- Job title: FT/PT Occupational Therapist - Aged care - North Brisbane, QLD Hours: 40 hours/week (f...
- Rehabilitation Consultant - OT/Physio/EP
- Posted By: APM Group
- Posted Date: 2021-12-07
- Location:Darwin NT 800
- Flexible working, Career Progression, Excellent pay