Paediatric Occupational Therapist Team Leader
Do you want to work for a Fun, Friendly, Futuristic organisation? Are you a Family-centred therapist who likes to solve problems and achieve Functional goals, building the physical and emotional Fitness of Children and Young People? Would you like to be paid to have fun delivering therapy in the client’s home, child care/school and community settings? Are you an experienced OT looking to challenge yourself and be a key contributor to building an exciting and rapidly growing service?
We are NeuroRehab Allied Health Network, we exist to empower people with a neurological condition to live life full of choice, inclusion and new possibilities.
Our core values are - We’re on your team, We Innovate, We are Enthusiastic and We Expand horizons!
We are a respected, multi-disciplinary rehabilitation service catering to the unique needs of clients with neurological conditions. We provide the most comprehensive allied health services in our sector with seven innovative rehabilitation centres across Melbourne and an extensive home visit and community-based service. We provide therapy where it is most needed.
In our Children and Young Persons (CYP) Team, we are passionate about the Early Childhood Approach, Family-Centred Practice, the use of ‘F-Words’ for child development, and Key Worker or Team-Around-The-Child approaches.
At NeuroRehab we provide a structured program to support your career growth that's tailored to your interest! This is a snippet of the support provided to you:
- Completely funded robust PD programs (including workshops by Kids Plus and CP Teaching Group!) up to 3 days in length and up to 4 days paid study leave per year
- Supportive structure with experienced and friendly Occupational Therapy department
- Regular 1:1 supervision with experienced practitioners
- Mental health support is critical for your well-being, you can be sure we'll support you and your health with our EAP!
- Salary package (depending on experience) including a company car, laptop and phone - our company car can be used for personal reasons! Let's not forget our fortnightly bonus remuneration program that rewards your time and effort!
- A fun, flexible, and supportive work culture is important to us at NeuroRehab, we are certified Great WorkPlaces Australia 2022 - 2023 (two years in a row) organisation for a reason! We're currently waiting to see our placement for Best WorkPlaces Australia 2022 - 2023! Stay tuned!
- FREE internal courses that provide you first-hand experience in other therapy departments - we are a Multidisciplinary clinic with a large, experienced and friendly team!
NeuroRehab Paediatric (CYP) Occupational Therapist Team Leader role:
As a Paediatric Occupational Therapist Team Leader, you will be responsible for delivering OT services, playing a crucial role in the development of our Child and Young Person's (CYP) service, supervising/mentoring junior CYP therapists, and developing programs for our Allied Health Assistant staff to carry out.
The successful applicant will be working alongside our CYP Team Leader (a physiotherapist with over 40 years of clinical experience) to build the Occupational Therapy side of our CYP services. There is also an opportunity to contribute to our interdisciplinary CYP working party, structured to help support and assist with the development of a best practice interdisciplinary approach to our CYP services.
If you are interested and don't have the experience for the Team Leader role, we are happy to take on experienced/senior OTs in Child services and build your skills into the Team Leader position!
- Provision of Occupational therapy services to Children and Young people aged 0-18 (We are passionate about the Early Childhood Approach, family-centred practice, ‘F-Words’ for child development, and key worker or team-around-the-child approaches).
- Be part of the recruitment process! If you have an eye for people and OT skills, building the team is a rewarding experience!
- Development of supervision programs
- Development of a CYP learning program
- Development of future student program in our CYP service
- Supervising junior OTs with a developing interest in CYP services
- To contribute to the wider departmental OT Leadership group, alongside our adult services OT Team Leads and OT Clinical Manager
- Preservation and Promotion of a fantastic team culture (we are very proud to be ranked in the top 20 in the 2021-2022 Great Places to Work Survey of Australia).
- Contribute to screening of new referrals and wait list management, with support from other Senior OTs.
- Contribute to service development through exciting and innovative quality improvement projects!
While we have adult therapy roots, we are a Child Safe Organisation. We have been slowly developing many of our team members with CYP experience and are now ready to step up this service into something more special - Are you an experienced OT that would love to see a service grow and flourish under your leadership? Join NeuroRehab and help us grow our Children and Young Persons' services!
Our clients are predominantly NDIS participants along with some TAC funded clients.
While we accept referrals in all age categories from young people through to the elderly, your caseload will be specific catered to provision of Children and Young Person's services. We are selective with the referrals we accept, providing services primarily to those with a neurodevelopmental or neurological conditions.
The home clinic/s will be based in Deer Park / Werribee. However, we provide in-clinic and community-based services, giving you the flexibility to provide services that suit our clients' needs.
We are looking for a CYP Occupational Therapist Team Leader, or an Experienced Senior CYP Occupational Therapist looking to build their leadership skills toward a Team Lead position. The ideal applicant would work in our Western team (Deer Park / Werribee based), however, applicants in other Metro Melbourne areas are welcome. Working hours are negotiated directly with clients, allowing excellent flexibility. We are seeking applications for a full-time position to help establish and grow our new department! We are also open to part-time school friendly hours for those looking to return to work.
It is an exciting time to join NeuroRehab and be part of the development of a rapidly growing service!
Skills and Experiences:
- AHPRA registration as an Occupational Therapist
- 2+ years Occupational Therapist experience
- Familiarity and experience prescribing a range of assistive technology
- Professional Indemnity Insurance
- Successful candidates are required to undertake a Police Check, Working With Children Check and NDIS Worker Screening.
- Up-to-date Covid-19 vaccination and boosters as directed by the government
- Previous experience providing Occupational Therapy services within an NDIS framework.
Diversity and Inclusion
At NeuroRehab Allied Health Network, we value diversity and inclusion. We are committed to an inclusive team culture in which all people are recognised for their unique contributions and are encouraged and supported to achieve their full potential. We highly encourage people of diverse backgrounds to apply.
- Occupational Therapist
- Posted By: Momentum Rehab Pty Ltd
- Posted Date: 2022-08-05
- Location:Sydney NSW 2000
- Momentum Rehab is looking for Occupational Therapists to join our growing professional team. We’d...
- Posted By: Bolton Clarke
- Posted Date: 2022-07-28
- Location:Pinjarra Hills QLD 4069
- We have a fantastic part-time opportunity available for a community Physiotherapist passionate about...
- Occupational Therapist
- Posted By: Bolton Clarke
- Posted Date: 2022-07-25
- Location:Townsville QLD 4810
- Servicing the Rockhampton region, as an Occupational Therapist with Bolton Clarke, you are directly ...
- Occupational Therapist - Permanent Part Time
- Posted By: Central Bayside Community Health Services
- Posted Date: 2022-07-23
- Location:Parkdale VIC 3195
- Work with a friendly and supportive team Easy street parking Access to public transport Not for Profit Salary Packaging Flexible working arrangements