Paediatric Occupational Therapist
- : Occumax
- : 19-Jun-2020
- : Mackay QLD 4740
About Occumax & How You Can Help Kids Live a More Connected Life
Occumax is all about connection. Sometimes children have difficulty forming or making the right connections between their brain and body and everyday things are hard or tricky for them to do. Life is hard work and emotionally draining for them, their parents, friends and teachers.
By connecting with our Occupational Therapists, Speech Pathologists and Social Worker, children and parents are able to get the right tools, techniques and intervention to point them in the right direction. To do that, our staff need to be connected to good support, supervision and training.
Once children start to form better internal connections and overcome the participation problems they were experiencing, they are able to develop deeper and richer connections with their friends, family, and others beyond.
When we feel connected inside ourselves and to others in time and space, life is meaningful and fulfilling. So it is true that we really do discover happiness through connection.
For 13 years Occumax has been helping children and families from Mackay and surrounding communities to discover happiness through connection. We are known for really listening to parents and making a difference in their child's life. Occumax's strong values, coupled with the NDIS being in place for over 3 years, has led to the need to increase our staffing to meet existing community demands.
To provide efficient and effective Occupational Therapy intervention for children and their families, in accordance with the policies, procedures and strategic directions of Occumax.
- Comply with professional, ethical and clinical standards of practice in accordance with Occupational Therapy Australia and Australian Health Practitioner Regulatory Agency’s Code of Ethics and Competency Standards for Occupational Therapists.
- Provide a high quality Occupational Therapy service to Occumax clients. This includes effective management of and service provision for a specific number of children and their associated stakeholders e.g. their family and school staff. It also includes assessment, interpretation of data, report writing, intervention, documentation, periodic re-evaluation, collaborative consultation with parents and school staff, client related meetings and/or contact with parents, teachers and other professionals, as required.
- Provide Occupational Therapy services to clients in the clinic and/or in their home or school or using e-health technologies depending on what is deemed clinically necessary to achieve the best outcome for the client balanced with available organisational resources. From time to time, this may include the provision of outreach visits to towns in the surrounding region, depending on demand for services in these areas.
- Maintain appropriate documentation and client records in line with Occumax's guidelines.
- Complete Occumax client appointment booking and billing procedures as required.
- Comply with the policies and procedures of Occumax.
- Identify and report areas for improvement to existing practices.
- Comply with Human Resource Management issues, including workplace health and safety and anti-discrimination as applied in the working environment.
- Essential Selection Criteria
- Hold a Degree in Occupational Therapy.
- Hold general registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulatory Agency as an Occupational Therapist or ability to acquire provisional or general registration before commencement.
- Hold current driver's license.
- Member of Occupational Therapy Australia or ability to become a member before commencement.
- Hold, or ability to acquire before commencement, Professional Indemnity and Malpractice Insurance.
- Ability to work independently, manage own time to achieve deadlines and work as an effective team member.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with parents, professionals, other stakeholders and team members, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to identify own learning needs, strengths and limitations and seek out appropriate tools and resources to improve own skills and competencies as required.
- Hold Australian or NZ Citizen or Permanent Resident, or have a relevant visa allowing you to live and work in Australia with no restrictions.
- Desirable Selection Criteria
- Two or more years experience as an Occupational Therapist working in a paediatric or mental health setting with children, young people and/or families and teachers.
- Knowledge of, and experience in delivering Occupational Therapy services to children with learning problems, behavioural difficulties, self-regulation and emotional problems such as anxiety and anger, play and social skills problems, gross and fine motor problems, and/ or those diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder, ADHD, Generalised Anxiety Disorder, Sensory Processing Disorder, Developmental Coordination Disorder, Down Syndrome, Cerebral Palsy and/or other developmental conditions.
- Training in advanced sensory processing theory and practice, DIR/Floortime, play and social skills interventions, positive behaviour supports, parenting skills programs, anxiety management programs, learning difficulties and/or Autism Spectrum Disorders.
- Eligible to be a Medicare provider of Better Access to Mental Health Care services.
- Junior Occupational Therapist
- Posted By: Super Rehab Sydney
- Posted Date: 2020-07-04
- Location:Petersham NSW 2049
- We have a position available for an Occupational Therapist to join our team who is passionate about ...
- Occupational Therapist (Open to New Graduate and E...
- Posted By: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Posted Date: 2020-07-03
- Location:Hervey Bay & Fraser Coast QLD
- Who we are Sound Solutions Therapy Services is a vibrant private practice, with offices in both F...
- Occupational Therapist - North Lakes
- Posted By: Youthrive
- Posted Date: 2020-07-02
- Location:North Lakes QLD 4509
- About the role We are looking for an experienced Occupational Therapist to join our high-performi...
- Occupational Therapist - Ocean Star Village
- Posted By: Catholic Homes
- Posted Date: 2020-07-01
- Location:Bunbury WA 6230
- Permanent part-time position (4 days per week) Competitive salary plus superannuation Generou...