Paediatric Speech Pathologist
- : Occumax
- : 19-May-2020
- : Mackay QLD 4740
Occumax is all about connection. Sometimes children have difficulty forming or making the right connections between their brain and body and everyday things are hard or tricky for them to do. Life is hard work and emotionally draining for them, their parents, friends and teachers.
By connecting with our Occupational Therapists, Speech Pathologists and Social Worker, children and parents are able to get the right tools, techniques and intervention to point them in the right direction. To do that, our staff need to be connected to good support, supervision and training.
Once children start to form better internal connections and overcome the participation problems they were experiencing, they are able to develop deeper and richer connections with their friends, family, and others beyond.
When we feel connected inside ourselves and to others in time and space, life is meaningful and fulfilling. So it is true that we really do discover happiness through connection.
For 13 years Occumax has been helping children and families from Mackay and surrounding communities to discover happiness through connection. We are known for really listening to parents and making a difference in their child's life. Occumax's strong values, coupled with the NDIS being in place for over 3 years, has led to the need to increase our staffing to meet existing community demands.
To provide efficient and effective Speech Pathology intervention for children and their families, in accordance with the policies, procedures and strategic directions of Occumax.
- Comply with professional, ethical and clinical standards of practice in accordance with Speech Pathology Australia's Code of Ethics (2010)
- Provide a high quality Speech Pathology service to Occumax clients. This includes effective management of and service provision for a specific number of children and their associated stakeholders e.g. their family and school staff.
- Assessment, interpretation of data, report writing, intervention, documentation, collaborative consultation with parents and school staff, client related meetings and/or contact with parents, teachers and other professionals, as required.
- Provide Speech Pathology services to clients in the clinic and/or in their home or school or using e-health technologies depending on what is deemed clinically necessary to achieve the best outcome for the client balanced with available organisational resources.
- Maintain appropriate documentation and client records in line with Occumax's guidelines.
- Complete Occumax client appointment booking and billing procedures as required.
- Comply with the policies and procedures of Occumax.
- Identify and report areas for improvement to existing practices.
- Comply with Human Resource Management issues, including workplace health and safety and anti-discrimination as applied in the working environment.
- Essential Selection Criteria
- Hold a Degree in Speech Pathology.
- Australian or NZ Citizen or Permanent Resident, or have or ability to acquire the relevant visa allowing you to live and work in Australia with no restrictions.
- Hold current driver's license.
- Current financial practising member of Speech Pathology Australia with provisional or full Certified Practising Speech Pathologist status or ability to become a member before commencement.
- Hold, or ability to acquire before commencement, Professional Indemnity and Malpractice Insurance.
- Ability to work independently, manage own time to achieve deadlines and work as an effective team member.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with parents, professionals, other stakeholders and team members, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to identify own learning needs, strengths and limitations and seek out appropriate tools and resources to improve own skills and competencies as required.
- Current Blue Card For Working With Children in QLD, or ability to a acquire a Blue Card before commencement.
- Desirable Selection Criteria
- Two or more years experience as a Speech Pathologist working in a paediatric setting with children, young people and/or families and teachers.
- Knowledge of, and experience in delivering Speech Pathology services to children with speech and language delays, literacy and learning difficulties, apraxia of speech, stuttering problems, behavioural difficulties, play and social skills problems, feeding problems and those diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder, Down Syndrome, Cerebral Palsy and/or other developmental conditions.
- Training in The Hanen Program, DIR/Floortime, Picture Exchange Communication System, The Lidcombe Program For Children Who Stutter, SOS Feeding Program, Augmentative & Alternative Communication systems, play interventions, literacy interventions and/or intervention for children with Autism Spectrum Disorder.
- Senior Speech Pathologist (Weipa)
- Posted By: Queensland Government
- Posted Date: 2020-05-25
- Location:Weipa Airport QLD 4874
- Deliver high level speech pathology services to improve the speech, language and swallowing skills o...
- Speech Pathologist - Full time or Part time in Gri...
- Posted By: The Benevolent Society
- Posted Date: 2020-05-25
- Location:Griffith NSW 2680
- Strong pipeline of client referrals allowing you to focus on the clients Join a national Speech...
- Speech Pathologist - SDN Children's Therapies
- Posted By: SDN Children's Services
- Posted Date: 2020-05-24
- Location:Ultimo NSW 2007
- 2 x Speech Pathologist SDN Children's Therapies South Western Sydney We are looking for two...
- Speech Pathologist
- Posted By: Spot Family
- Posted Date: 2020-05-24
- Location:Queensland QLD
- Spot Family providers of consistent, accessible therapy consistent & reliable therapy is hard to com...