Part-Time Enrolled Nurse - Bowen
Proposed Commencement Date: 25th April 2022
The practice is owned by a local indigenous community organization that also runs a housing co-operative and many health, family support and employment projects. The centre will run as a mixed fee for service and bulk billing practice with a focus on preventative health care and management of chronic illness. It has been operating from July 2010 and is open to the whole community.
- Nurses Award Wage
- Clinic hours are Mon, Tues & Wed between 8.30am and 5pm, Lunch 12:30 – 1:30 and Thurs & Fri 7:00am – 3:00pm, Lunch 11:30am – 12:00pm.
- 1.5 to 2 years contract minimum (Permanent Part-time)
- We use Medical Director and Pracsoft 4.0a at our practice. We would prefer that the doctor to be familiar with this computer software.
- We are not an AMS, but we do focus on Indigenous Health. We conduct ATSI Health Check, Health Checks and Care Plans
This position is responsible for contributing to improved community health outcomes through the provision of best practice and quality patient care in accordance with recognized AGPAL quality standards.
- Provide comprehensive, safe and effective evidence based nursing care in accordance with legislation, standards, nursing profession’s codes of ethics and conduct, and common law to achieve individual and community health outcomes, within scope of practice.
- Implement effective and efficient systems to support the management of the health service including: maintaining and calibrating equipment (dg. Doctor’s bag and emergency trolley) and supplies (e.g. Immunization, pathology and pharmaceuticals); and ensuring the professional handling of medical correspondence such as referral letters, pathology, and recalls.
- Collaborate with other members of the General practice team to deliver a high standard of coordinated patient care within a primary health care context that acknowledges the dignity, culture, values, beliefs and rights of patients/groups.
- Assist with the management of relevant accreditation processes of the practice, such as RACGP ensuring the practice complies with all relevant clinical standards and policies and regulations and work with the Practice Manager to implement quality improvement processes to improve patient care outcomes.
- Effectively assist and manage the nursing care of patients/groups according to the documented care or treatment plans where appropriate and provide information on all relevant health issues to patients, other professionals.
- Provide leadership and supervision to Assistant Nurses, Health Workers, and students recognizing the differences in accountability and responsibility between these positions.
- Participate in professional development to enhance nursing practice and contribute to the professional development of others within the health service.
- Assist in the preparation an annual Individual Work Plan and produce regular performance reports in accordance with the General Practices’ performance management and reporting policies.
- Perform other duties associated with the position as directed by the Practice Manager.
After Hours Requirements: No
Qualifications & Experience:
- Registration with the Queensland Nursing council and possession of a current practising certificate.
- Successfully completed an Enrolled Nursing or an Endorsed Enrolled Nursing Qualification or its equivalent of working towards same.
- Current First Aid or CPR Certificate or equivalent.
- Knowledge and understanding of current accepted health practices, including AGPAL standards, the principles of primary healthcare and of quality improvement processes.
- A knowledge and understand of Aboriginal Torres Strait Islander societies and cultures and an understanding of the health issues affecting Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people.
- Ability to function in a multi-disciplinary team and ability to function independently.
- Knowledge and skills in contemporary Human Resource management practices including Workplace Health and Safety, Equal Employment Opportunity and anti Discrimination.
- Knowledge of Prac Soft and Medical Director Software. (or willingness to undertake training).
Bowen is a seaside country town with 7 beaches, great outdoors lifestyle and is situated at the top of the Whitsundays, just 45 mins from Airlie Beach and Proserpine. We are located 2 hours from Townsville to the north and Mackay to the South. It has sailing, snorkelling/diving and fishing on the Great Barrier Reef, a nine-hole golf course along the beachfront, as well as many recreational activities available in the community such as cycling, bushwalking, fossicking, arts and crafts and most sports. Bowen is a very friendly town, with aspirations to become the festival capital of Australia and you will easily settle into the community. The lifestyle is very low stress and laid back.
For more information on this position, please contact our team!
Please apply via the 'Apply Now' button on this page.
Following successful placement, eligible candidates may be entitled to receive support and financial assistance through Health Workforce Queensland's comprehensive workforce attraction and retention incentives. This position may be eligible for a scholarship or bursary for ongoing professional development.
- Practice Nurse
- Posted By: Allcare Medical Centre
- Posted Date: 2022-08-04
- Location:Melrose Park SA 5039
- The Allcare Medical Centre is a local GP run multi-disciplinary practice that has been delivering hi...
- Practice Nurse RN
- Posted By: Annie Lim Family Practice
- Posted Date: 2022-08-02
- Location:Deakin ACT 2600
- No after hours or weekend work required. Flexible working hours and days available.
- Practice Nurse
- Posted By: The Medical Centre @ Hervey Bay
- Posted Date: 2022-07-27
- Location:Urraween QLD 4655
- Registered Nurse The Medical Centre @ Hervey Bay is a well-established and busy general practice ...
- REGISTERED PRACTICE NURSE
- Posted By: My Medical Services Australia
- Posted Date: 2022-07-26
- Location:Salamander Bay NSW 2317
- Our working hours are life-style friendly, No weekends. Immediate availability