Part Time Exercise Physiologist - Lockyer Valley, Somerset and Ipswich Regions
- NEW GRADUATES ARE WELCOME TO APPLY however experience will be desirable.
Position: 1x Part Time Exercise Physiologist (ESSA Accredited).
Location: Lockyer Valley, Somerset and Ipswich Regions.
Application Deadline: 20th July 2022.
However, the position will be filled with the first suitable applicant so to avoid disappointment please apply at your earliest convenience.
About The Company:
This organisation has provided dietetic/nutrition, exercise physiology and diabetes education services in Queensland for the past 12 years and is currently servicing more than 120 rural and metropolitan medical centers and facilities. They specialise in chronic disease management and prevention and musculoskeletal client rehabilitation, however can assist in a wide variety of cases (e.g. sports performance, NDIS, aged care consultation, insurance, public speaking, exercise group classes, hydrotherapy, etc). Their mission is to promote healthy lifestyles in the Australian population and to prevent and manage chronic disease through physical activity and nutrition.
- Friendly team- enjoy working with a close-knit and supportive team with main management personnel contactable 24/7.
- New Graduate PD Allowance - $500 PD allowance for new graduates to be used in the first year of practice.
- Career development- pathways into senior positions for the right candidate, as well as monthly business & professional development meetings with senior Exercise Physiologists.
- Great culture- we value our staff and host yearly team getaways for networking and learning.
- Existing caseload- you will be kept busy with an existing patient list that is booked in for you by our dedicated reception team.
- Company allowances- laptop, printer, ink, internet dongle, scales, and resistance exercise bands are provided as a part of your role.
- Great location- various locations to explore with many activities and amazing landscape. Up to $500 relocation allowance available if required.
About The Role:
An exciting opportunity exists for a motivated and enthusiastic Accredited Exercise Physiologist (AEP) to become a part of a proactive company and work collaboratively with our Dietitians, and Diabetes Educators, along with other allied health and medical staff.
You will be working across medical centers and allied health centers within Ipswich and Brisbane with some outreach to the Somerset/Lockyer Valley region. The successful applicant will be working on a part-time basis, stepping into an existing patient load and will be servicing medical centers and allied health facilities which have an established referral base.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide evidence-based advice and treatment in the areas of chronic disease prevention and management, health and fitness and musculoskeletal rehabilitation.
- Measure and assess the patients’ exercise history and fitness levels along with interpreting anthropometric data.
- Facilitate and instruct community exercise classes where required.
- Public speaking- to present informative talks about a range of health topics on exercise/physical activity where required.
- Travel to the required service delivery location and provide exemplary service to your clients.
Skills and Experience:
- Unrestricted working rights in Australia.
- Accredited Exercise Physiologist through Exercise and Sports Science Australia (ESSA). This accreditation is ESSENTIAL.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build and maintain rapport.
- Possess and apply knowledge of evidence-based treatment, management and research about a wide range of health issues and diseases including diabetes, obesity, cardiovascular disease and musculoskeletal disorders, applicable in the field of exercise physiology.
- Have a current Drivers License and car and demonstrate and commit to the travel associated with the position.
Job Type: Part-time
Part-time hours: 27 hours per week
Hourly Part-Time Rate: $30.00 – $40.50 per hour
Schedule: 8 hour shift
- Employee discount
- Employee mentoring program
For more information on this position, please contact our team!
Please apply via the 'Apply Now' button on this page. Please include your CV and cover letter.
Following successful placement, eligible candidates may be entitled to receive support and financial assistance through Health Workforce Queensland's comprehensive workforce attraction and retention incentives. This position may be eligible for a scholarship or bursary for ongoing professional development.
- Exercise Physiologist
- Posted By: Coast Pilates & Exercise Physiology
- Posted Date: 2022-07-29
- Location:Cheltenham VIC 3192
- Coast Pilates & Exercise Physiology in Cheltenham is looking for an Exercise Physiologist trained in...
- Exercise Physiologist - Cairns
- Posted By: Health Workforce
- Posted Date: 2022-07-12
- Location:cairns QLD 4870
- Part Time position available.Contract length: 12 monthsPractice Information:This practice is a mobile and in-clinic exercise physiology practice in Cairns QLD. Their new...
- Clinical Exercise Physiologist
- Posted By: The Movement EP
- Posted Date: 2022-07-06
- Location:Leichhardt NSW 2040
- About us The Movement EP is a rapidly growing and established young company servicing the inner w...
- Exercise Physiologist
- Posted By: Peak Physiology
- Posted Date: 2022-06-21
- Location:Newcastle NSW 2300
- About the job we are always looking for Exercise Physiologist that are open to working amongst a ...