As the Level 3 Physiotherapist you will be responsible for:
* Providing a high quality specialist physiotherapy service to client groups and circumstances of a complex nature requiring advanced reasoning and practice skills and operate autonomously with minimum direct clinical supervision.
* Plan, coordinate and implement high levels of clinical expertise and specialised knowledge in their specialty to patients and carers of ISLHD in accordance with NSW Health, ISLHD and physiotherapy policies and procedures and standards.
* Providing clinical supervision and support of Level 1 and 2 health professionals, technical and support staff, students and other staff as appropriate.
* Participate and assist with the planning, implementation, evaluation and reporting on clinical services.
* May lead a consultative role within their area of expertise. They may also conduct clinical research and participate in the provision of clinical in-service education programmes to staff and students.
* May have an operational/supervisory role under the direction of the ISLHD Physiotherapy Head of Discipline or delegate and may be required to manage specific tasks or projects.
* May be required to work across other sites within the District.
Where you’ll be working:
Wollongong Hospital is the Illawarra and Shoalhaven’s major referral and teaching hospital and has bed base of more than 500. The campus, which incorporates the Illawarra Regional Cancer Care Centre, provides a comprehensive range of inpatient, outpatient and community-based services.
Wollongong is located an hours drive south of Sydney on a narrow coastal strip bordered by the Royal National Park to the north, Lake Illawarra to the south, the Tasman Sea to the east and the Illawarra Escarpment to the west. Learn more about the lifestyle benefits of living and working in Wollongong.
The values of the Illawarra Shoalhaven Local Health District guide the behaviour and professional standards of our staff and underpin the ways in which we engage with our patients and consumers. Our CORE Values are Collaboration, Openness, Respect and Empowerment.
Illawarra Shoalhaven Local Health District is committed to equal employment opportunity and embraces diversity and inclusion within its workforce. As such, people from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. This includes but is not limited to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, People with Disability, Women and People from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse backgrounds.
- Current Physiotherapy Registration with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- Extensive post graduate clinical experience in the clinical specialty area.
- Well-developed time management skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills, including sound computer skills (demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office and other Microsoft applications).
- Demonstrated commitment and evidence of implementation of ISLHD core values.
- Knowledge and proven ability to undertake quality improvement and service evaluation processes.
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision and as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Ability to participate in staff and student supervision.
- Current NSW drivers licence or equivalent.