Physiotherapist - Longreach
- : Health Workforce Queensland
- : 06-Aug-2020
- : Longreach QLD 4730
- Recent Graduates encouraged to apply!
- Join a leading provider of community based allied-health services, living and working in Longreach - the 'Heart of the Outback'
- A highly attractive remuneration package of $80,989 - $112,140 is on offer, inclusive of super, accommodation allowance, professional development and an annual return airfare.
- Further benefits include salary sacrificing options up to $15,900, 5 weeks A/L, relocation assistance and travel subsidy for outreach trips!
Leaders in the delivery of community based aged care, allied health, wellbeing, disability and outreach services in remote Australia since 1993, this orgaranisation harnesses the diversity, energy and professionalism of a large team of multidisciplinary health care professionals delivering comprehensive healthcare services in remote and indigenous communities across Australia.
This dynamic and evolving organisation continues to break new ground in the provision of direct health services and preventative health programs and is a leading advocate for rural and remote health care.
Salary package: Commensurate with qualifications and experience Salary Sacrifice entitlement up to $15900pa Employer contribution to superannuation 9.5% Annual leave loading 17.5%
Hours: This position is 1.0 full time equivalent (FTE), based on a 76 hours per fortnight.
Location: This position is based in Longreach and provides outreach services to catchment area.
As a Physiotherapist, your main aim will be to assess, treat and prevent disorders in human movement caused by injury or disease by:
- Administering muscle, nerve, joint and functional ability tests to identify and assess physical problems of patients;
- Designing and evaluating treatment programs to address patients' problems;
- Treating patients to reduce pain, improve circulation, strengthen muscles, improve cardiothoracic, cardiovascular and respiratory functions, restore joint mobility, and improve balance and coordination;
- Reviewing, continually monitoring, assessing and evaluating programs and treatments; and
- Assisting health and community groups to improve the health of individuals and the community by raising awareness of healthy lifestyles, disease and disability, and other health-related issues.
1. Possession of a degree or equivalent qualification from an approved course recognised by the appropriate professional association. Current registration with the appropriate Registration Board. Eligibility for membership of the appropriate professional association.
2. Demonstrated ability to provide high quality discipline specific assessment, prevention, treatment and intervention to achieve maximal outcomes for a broad range of clients and conditions.
3. Demonstrated high level communication skills.
4. Demonstrated knowledge or the motivation and ability to gain knowledge of Primary Health Care principles and issues in rural and remote communities. Preparedness to undertake further study in this area, if required.
5. Demonstrated ability to operate independently and participate in a multidisciplinary team.
6. Awareness of local health issues and a demonstrated ability to work with people of diverse cultural backgrounds.
7. Current unencumbered 'C' class driver's licence.
8. Computer literacy in Microsoft Office Suite, or willingness and capacity to learn.
9. To be considered you must be an Australian or NZ Citizen or Permanent Resident, or have a relevant visa allowing you to live and work in Australia with no restrictions. NWRH does not undertake visa sponsorships.
1. Experience working for a not for profit organisation.
2. Hold a current Blue and Yellow Card.
3. Credentialed with Queensland Health.
4. Willing to travelling by road and/or in small planes to communities within the place catchment area
Following successful placement eligible candidates may be entitled to receive support and financial assistance through Health Workforce Queensland's comprehensive workforce attraction and retention incentives
This position may be eligible for a scholarship or bursary for ongoing professional development. https://www.healthworkforce.com.au/health-workforce-scholarship-program/
Apply Now! Job No: AHHWQ 100 02478
No Similar Jobs Found.