- : KidzWish Foundation
- : 13-Aug-2020
- : Quakers Hill NSW 2763
- Permanent contract position
- Attractive coastal location in the southern Illawarra region – enjoy a relaxed beach lifestyle
- Work in an interdisciplinary team of experienced Speech Pathologists and Occupational Therapists
- Supportive team work and collaboration
- Diverse caseload of paediatric disability clients
- Flexible work arrangements
- Autonomy over caseload and client management
- Professional development supported
- Attractive salary packaging options
- Join an exciting time in the changing role of the early childhood disability sector as we transition to the full roll-out of the NDIS
1. Develop, plan, implement and evaluate individual and group based Physiotherapy services to children and young people with a disability using person-centered principles. Clinical supervision and mentoring will be provided
2. Based on participant goals develop, implement and evaluate individual and group based Physiotherapy Programs. Ensure that these programs are flexible and modify their content based on the goals and plans of the participants at any time.
3. Undertake a clinical caseload involving assessment and management of children and young people looking at areas of function such as strength and coordination, gross motor development, mobility and balance. As a physiotherapist you will be responsible for equipment prescription for items such as walkers and standing frames.
4. Ensure that physiotherapy programs are delivered in ways that are consistent with the National Disability Insurance Scheme principles including: that the child/young person and their family are at the centre of decision making, that all physiotherapy programs are evidence based and that the individual therapist takes responsibility for maintaining their professional skill base.
5. Work collaboratively within a team of allied health professionals to facilitate children and young people achieving their goals and increasing their functional skills.
6. Maintain all clinical, goal attainment and service documentation to meet the requirements of funding bodies, including the NDIS and the administrative requirements of Kidzwish. Participate in collecting/recording feedback from service users and responding to this feedback as required.
7. Establish and maintain linkages with a range of community agencies to ensure families can access a range of supports as required.
8. Respect the rights of others at all times. Work in accordance with the Kidzwish Code of Conduct and the Clients Rights and Responsibilities policy.
9. Support and uphold the values of the Kidzwish Foundation in all work activities.
10. Maintain current professional knowledge and skills, including annual mandatory training in Child Protection, WHS and regular (monthly) clinical support established within the team and wider community of practice.
11. Ensure an understanding of a billable hours administrative environment and work in accordance with this requirement to maximise organisational sustainability.
12. Assist the team in assessing and continuously improving the quality of therapy services at Kidzwish.
Please attach CV to your application as well as a document addressing selection criteria:
1.Experience working with children that fit Helping Children with Autism and Better Start Funding including working with children under 2 years of age.
2.Demonstrated ability to undertake a range of assessments, utilising evidence based practice develop, plan, implement and evaluate therapy programs at an individual and group level for children and young people with a disability or delay and with reference to NDIS goals.
3. Experience with home/environment modifications.
4.Experience with children with complex needs.
5.Current provide first aid training certificate.About KidzWish:
KidzWish is delivers speech and occupational therapy, support work and assisted programs built on a family centred approach, through individual and group sessions at home, preschool, school and within the community. We provide support workers to assist children with social skills, personal confidence and community participation and offer respite to our KidzWish families.
Our assisted programs are made up of Music and Dance program, Sports Academy, an interactive games session, and parent and sibling support groups.
No Similar Jobs Found.