- : Spinal Cord Injury
- : 11-Aug-2020
- : Sydney NSW 2000
SCIA’s NeuroMoves provides a suite of exercise services for people with a spinal cord injury or other physical disability. NeuroMoves offers the opportunity for people to improve their functional capacity, acquire new skills, prevent secondary health complications and increase their independence and overall health, fitness and well-being in a welcoming, motivating and supportive environment.
NeuroMoves Lismore is based at Southern Cross University Health Clinic in the beautiful Northern Rivers of NSW. We have state of the art equipment, being one of the only regional centres to have access to specialized equipment to facilitate recovery and therapy for Neurological and Spinal Cord Injury populations.
The EP/ Physio role involves:
- Working as a part of a team to deliver quality exercise therapy sessions to clients with neurological conditions such as stroke, spinal cord injury, MS, Parkinson’s Disease, Cerebral Palsy etc
- Working autonomously under the guidance of a supervisor to manage a case load of clients with varying conditions
- Accurately assesses individual client needs and sets goals accordingly
- Provide guidance to less experienced staff
- Prepare reports/plans for clients, medical and health professionals and external funding agencies
To succeed in the role, you will have the following experience, attributes and capabilities:
- Tertiary qualification in Exercise Physiology
- Accredited with Exercise and Sport Science Australia (ESSA) or Registered with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- Proven clinical experience with excellent clinical reasoning skills
- Experience in working as part of a team, ideally in a rehabilitation or community based setting
- An ability to encourage and support clients with an empathic, positive approach
- Strong written, administration, organisation and time management skills
- Ability to adhere to work health and safety protocols and awareness of work health and safety issues
- Ability to be involved in work of a highly physical nature
- Passionate about working with neurological populations
This role is a part time working 15 Hours per week and will include Saturday shifts. There is scope to increase in hours in the future.
If you are interested in this rewarding and challenging opportunity please email a covering letter explaining your interest in this role and our organisation, and your CV
No Similar Jobs Found.